Possibly 0 0%
Never 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Banned

Location: London, UK
Thumbs up How I stopped weed growing & got the perfect lawn

If there is one thing I know about myself it is that I am a lazy b*****d. I wasn’t always like this, but with the stressful nature of modern day work, I really treasure what little resting time I can squeeze from a hectic work week. Of all the things I’d rather not do, my massive lawn was always at the top. Believe me when I tell you I love nature, but I just didn’t like how fast the grass on my lawn was growing. I had always thought of myself as the perfect neighbour; I collected the post for my neighbours, helped them move heavy things in etc. so I was very disappointed to received a letter from the council ordering me to tidy up my lawn.

My lawn was a rear lawn with high fences and could only be seen from the first floor of my terraced neighbours. What snitching busybodies I thought. I happened to start a relationship with my girlfriend a day after that letter arrived. I had been putting off showing her where I live until I tidied up the grass lawn. I was overwhelmed by the task ahead and wished it could all just disappear.

Just then, the answer came to me. To hell with mowing, the mud, the weed and all that, I was going to get myself an artificial grass lawn together with artificial flowers and plants for the flowerbeds. I did a search on Google and was surprised to see so many artificial grass installation companies in the London area. My first problem was I didn’t have a clue on synthetic grass lawns and so I spent quite some time doing my research on fake grass lawn or carpet grass as some people call it. There are a number of artificial grass review website out there. All the websites I visited claimed to have the best quality artificial grass without providing any technical information on artificial grass; so I decided to request artificial grass samples from a few of them.

All the synthetic grass samples I requested arrived in the post two days later and putting the grass samples side-by-side, I was able to decide which one I liked most – keeping in mind the artificial grass prices. I couldn’t be happier with some of the samples I received. Good quality fake grass really does look like natural grass. All the synthetic grass suppliers claimed the artificial grass was suitable for dogs and children. I cleared up a small area from my back lawn and placed the artificial grass sample to see how it would look when laid. I honestly can’t describe how stunning it looked. Right! Decision made, one phone call some serious negotiations, I got a date for my lawn to be installed.

Full credits to the artificial grass company that installed my lawn. I played the perfect host with endless rounds of tea & biscuits as they dug up the shit from my 55 m2 lawn. Just eight hours later the jungle I called a lawn was now the only place I wanted to be in my home. The artificial grass was lush green, soft, odourless, and even had the dead-grass effect. It was time to show my girlfriend my home. I planned to take credit for keeping the lawn tidy and so I ordered a fresh cut grass spray to spray for my lawn. I even had my electric lawn mower on display at the back of the garden. As the hour approached, a few sprays here and there, and a bottle of wine ready, I was truly the garden conqueror showing off his spoils. She arrived right on time and could not stop commenting on how clean my home was and how neat my garden lawn was. LOL. What a way to start a relationship. It’s almost a year today and my girlfriend still doesn’t know I am that lazy. As many men will know, there are some lies you don’t retract especially to women. I still wake up some weekend mornings while she is asleep and start the mower while drinking a beer. My life is beautiful. Artificial grass lawn changed my life.