GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bamboo plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203693-bamboo-plants.html)

Leslie[_2_] 24-05-2012 03:01 PM

Bamboo plants

Hello
can anyone help

I am hoping to purchase some bamboo Edulas

Is that how it is spelled ?

I live in the Camborne area of Cornwall

T.I.A. .............Leslie

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 24-05-2012 03:58 PM

Bamboo plants

"Leslie" wrote in message
Hello
can anyone help

I am hoping to purchase some bamboo Edulas

Is that how it is spelled ?

I live in the Camborne area of Cornwall

T.I.A. .............Leslie

It does not do that well even down here unless you have a particularly mild
wet garden such as Penjerrick. Hardy Exotics would be able to point you in
the right direction.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

echinosum 25-05-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] (Post 959602)
"It does not do that well even down here unless you have a particularly mild wet garden such as Penjerrick. Hardy Exotics would be able to point you in the right direction.

If you want a reliable big fat 'un for your climate, try Phyllostachys vivax. There are green and yellow cultivars, some of which have a few stripes. P. parvifolia is another goer for coolish places, but it is sought after and less available. P. atrovaginata is perhaps the fattest at Kew, but I've never seen it for sale.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 28-05-2012 08:51 AM

Bamboo plants

On 2012-05-24 15:58:25 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
said:

"Leslie" wrote in message
Hello
can anyone help

I am hoping to purchase some bamboo Edulas

Is that how it is spelled ?

I live in the Camborne area of Cornwall

T.I.A. .............Leslie

It does not do that well even down here unless you have a particularly
mild wet garden such as Penjerrick. Hardy Exotics would be able to point
you in the right direction.

But will they sell it? ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

You have met Clive then? :~)

David in Normandy[_8_] 28-05-2012 09:39 AM

Bamboo plants

On 2012-05-28 08:51:56 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"

On 2012-05-24 15:58:25 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
said:

"Leslie" wrote in message
Hello
can anyone help

I am hoping to purchase some bamboo Edulas

Is that how it is spelled ?

I live in the Camborne area of Cornwall

T.I.A. .............Leslie

It does not do that well even down here unless you have a
particularly mild wet garden such as Penjerrick. Hardy Exotics would
be able to point you in the right direction.

But will they sell it? ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
www.hillhousenurserytearoom.com
South Devon

You have met Clive then? :~)

Only a couple of times and years ago. Ray's known him for many years and
his love of his plants is legendary! ;-)

I met him many years ago when he was setting up Hardy Exotics! The place
hadn't been open to the public very long and was still very much a work
in progress. I bet it has changed a bit since then? It looked an awesome
place even then.