GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Scorching! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203707-scorching.html)

Racquel Darrian 25-05-2012 01:32 PM

Scorching!

Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

Jamie D.[_2_] 25-05-2012 01:39 PM

Scorching!

"Racquel Darrian" .(y)uk wrote in message
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

Hot here too, though I think you have us beat by a degree or two.

Nice cool breeze, though. Can't wait to drop by the allotment on my way
home and get a few bits done (no doubt watering will be the big one).

Full of optimism for the summer - it's amazing what a bit of nice weather
does to lift the spirits.

--
Regards,
Jamie D.

All the way from sunny Lincolnshire.

mogga 25-05-2012 02:48 PM

Scorching!

On Fri, 25 May 2012 13:32:28 +0100, "Racquel Darrian"
.(y)uk wrote:

Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

Scalding in Oldham too!
Have had someone on their plot around noon too.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

[email protected] 25-05-2012 03:01 PM

Scorching!

In article ,
Racquel Darrian .(y)uk wrote:
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

David Hill 25-05-2012 03:32 PM

Scorching!

On 25/05/2012 15:01, wrote:
In ,
Racquel .(y)uk wrote:
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Here on the windy side of Swansea Bay we were at 80f at 1pm and it seems
to be getting hotter.
David

Moonraker 25-05-2012 04:39 PM

Scorching!

On 25/05/2012 15:32, David Hill wrote:
On 25/05/2012 15:01, wrote:
In ,
Racquel .(y)uk wrote:
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Here on the windy side of Swansea Bay we were at 80f at 1pm and it seems
to be getting hotter.
David

For a Northern European like me it is, as the song goes, Too Darn Hot.
Not the only one to think so, overheard someone wishing for snow, well I
would not go that far!

Dave Liquorice[_3_] 25-05-2012 05:06 PM

Scorching!

On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:01:05 +0100 (BST), wrote:

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Oh gawd no 27 is disintegrate into a little molten puddle
temperature. I find it hard in anything above the low twenties.

Been out this afternoon taking the winter tyres off, almost too warm
at 22 but the F3 ESE'ly kept it comfortable with the wind chill down
to the mid teens. B-) Wind a bit strong tho' kept blowing my
kneeling mat away and the bucket with wheel nuts in over.

--
Cheers
Dave.

[email protected] 25-05-2012 06:12 PM

Scorching!

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Oh gawd no 27 is disintegrate into a little molten puddle
temperature. I find it hard in anything above the low twenties.

That's when I take my winter woolies off! I don't change into
shorts and a short sleeved shirt until it is at least the current
temperature.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Jake 25-05-2012 07:12 PM

Scorching!

On Fri, 25 May 2012 15:32:45 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 25/05/2012 15:01, wrote:
In ,
Racquel .(y)uk wrote:
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

It's only 27 here - on the cool side of pleasantly warm.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Here on the windy side of Swansea Bay we were at 80f at 1pm and it seems
to be getting hotter.
David

At the other end it peaked at 31C sometime today. I've been planting
up the wall planters and hanging baskets today. Although everything
was watered well between 6+7 this morning, trays of plants were drying
out beside me as I was planting up and in the end I had to stop and
put the trays into bigger trays of water to soak. Sun tan lotion
factor 40 job today too.

Gentle breeze now and again but nothing more.

I'll have to finish off the planting out tomorrow though there's a
late afternoon interruption with some flamey thing passing the bottom
of the garden. According to the map whoever's carrying the torch will
stop level with the north side of my garden and get on the bus.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.

No Name 25-05-2012 08:40 PM

Scorching!

Racquel Darrian .(y)uk wrote:
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Same here. School disco (normally indoors in the hall) was moved out into
the meadow, and parents invited in, it was more like the end-of-year
barbecue (minus the barbecue and the drinks license!). Shame, cos we
could have made a fortune on the extra sales had we had beer and pimms
for sale!
(Sold out totally of sweets, cakes, crisps, fizzy drinks and water,
almost sold out of all fruit juice)

Racquel Darrian 26-05-2012 08:19 AM

Scorching!

"Racquel Darrian" .(y)uk wrote in message
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

My tomatoes wilted in my greenhouse. Luckily I was there to give them a
drink.
I'm going to take a temperature reading in my greenhouse today at around
1pm, in the shade.

No Name 26-05-2012 12:43 PM

Scorching!

Judith in France wrote:
When we holidayed in Provence, the Mistral used to howl down the Rhone
valley and out to sea. I once had my legs sandblasted and it was
quite painful.

You should be thankful, you'd pay a fortune for that in a posh spa. :-P

Ophelia[_4_] 26-05-2012 03:53 PM

Scorching!

"Judith in France" wrote in message
LOL Definitely, I went to Inchdoney Island, Cork a few years ago to a
ThalassoSpa and the treatments were so harsh that on the third day my
skin broke down, being sprayed with a hose under pressure with ice
cold Atlantic sea water can do that.

You 'pay' to have that done???

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia[_4_] 26-05-2012 04:48 PM

Scorching!

On 2012-05-26 15:53:56 +0100, "Ophelia" said:

"Judith in France" wrote in message
LOL Definitely, I went to Inchdoney Island, Cork a few years ago to a
ThalassoSpa and the treatments were so harsh that on the third day my
skin broke down, being sprayed with a hose under pressure with ice
cold Atlantic sea water can do that.

You 'pay' to have that done???

--

Sounds like a form of torture! I've had the pressure hose treatment once,
though not with ice cold sea water. It left me so exhausted I slept as if

It sure sounds like torture to me!!! You are both very brave!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

David Hill 26-05-2012 08:56 PM

Scorching!

On 26/05/2012 08:19, Racquel Darrian wrote:

"Racquel Darrian" .(y)uk wrote in message
Absolutely scorching in Bristol right now.

Phew!

My tomatoes wilted in my greenhouse. Luckily I was there to give them a
drink.
I'm going to take a temperature reading in my greenhouse today at around
1pm, in the shade.

I don't know about your tomatoes wilting, I've been wilting for 2 days
now with a second day reaching 80f in the shade, and in the large poly
tunnel(the dome) with fans going it reached 107f.
I don't know what I reached rotovating and putting in 8ft posts for the
tree dahlias.
Tomorrow is supposed to be upper 60s f I hope so as I can't take much
more of this.
David at the dry and dusty end of Swansea Bay, where the Olympic torch
is resting for the night (Not with us though)