GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   first sweet pea bloom (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203723-first-sweet-pea-bloom.html)

stuart noble 26-05-2012 01:20 PM

first sweet pea bloom

Don't know why that cheers me up so much. Must be my age

No Name 27-05-2012 10:19 PM

first sweet pea bloom

stuart noble wrote:
Don't know why that cheers me up so much. Must be my age

Mine are no-where near flowering, they're barely 6 inches tall. However!
First pea flower! (And it's a little purpley pink one, it's very pretty)

stuart noble 28-05-2012 07:35 AM

first sweet pea bloom

On 27/05/2012 22:19, wrote:
stuart wrote:
Don't know why that cheers me up so much. Must be my age

Mine are no-where near flowering, they're barely 6 inches tall. However!
First pea flower! (And it's a little purpley pink one, it's very pretty)

Yes, mine is mauve/purple. That colour was the first to germinate and
seems more vigorous generally. I hope I get some other colours though.

No Name 28-05-2012 09:58 AM

first sweet pea bloom

stuart noble wrote:
Don't know why that cheers me up so much. Must be my age

Mine are no-where near flowering, they're barely 6 inches tall. However!
First pea flower! (And it's a little purpley pink one, it's very pretty)

Yes, mine is mauve/purple. That colour was the first to germinate and
seems more vigorous generally. I hope I get some other colours though.

I think all of my sweet peas are white or blue. But my pink one is a normal
pea, not a sweet pea.

(One variety of sweet pea totally failed to germinate this year. Actually, I
think it was the white Anniversary that failed, and the Blue Ripple all came
up, and there were one or two orange Henry somethingorothers)