Old 13-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
On Jun 11, 11:18*pm, Dean25 wrote:
Janet;961348 Wrote:

In article , Dean25.a4bb8b6
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
-
Im really just looking for replies from people who have the tree!
Helpful comments only people!-

You appear to be under the delusion *you have reached the customer
advisory desk at a garden centre dedicated to serving you.

This is a discussion group, called uk.rec.gardening, which *is
completely independent of gardenbanter.

There is no membership, no moderator, anyone here is free to DISCUSS
rhus
typhina whether or not what they say is relevent to your
post.Gardenbanter
has no control over what is discussed here, or who replies, and neither
do
you.

Janet.

Your incredibly rude Janet. I had never used this site before until last
night and if I was deluded it certainly didnt warrant your DISGUSTING
message.

No she just says the simple truth.
Grow up man.
Old 14-06-2012, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Any owners of Rhus, stag horn sumach tree please read.

In article , Dean25
writes

What a horrible place to be this is.

The solution is in your hands. This is an uncensored usenet newsgroup -
if you can't cope with that, its clearly not the place for you. Anyone's
welcome to contribute but it isn't a personal q & a service.

If you don't like the answers/comments, ignore them or argue them. If
its a reasoned argument, it'll get supported. If its a toys out of the
pram job, then it'll get treated approriately.

--
regards andyw
Old 14-06-2012, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-06-13 19:55:15 +0100, Judith said:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:46:44 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , Dean25.a4d5e96
@gardenbanter.co.uk says...
. I CREATED this
thread with the intention of aquiring suckers from someone local, I
didnt CREATE this thread to discuss Sumachs with people.
You have created this thread in a discussion group which exists
purely,
for other people to discuss plants, gardens, and garden related issues.

"other people" - eh? Just tell him he is not welcome and be done
with it.
(I of course think that he is spot on having been on the receiving
end of some
of your less than helpful comments)

I think it's fair to say that everyone is welcome in urg and that most
urglers try to be helpful. But if they come via e.g. Gardenbanter it
may help *them* to realise that they're not in a straight question and
answer situation. Because this is a discussion-about-gardening group,
they will get a lot of opinions, some of which conflict! What they
won't get, usually, is Answer B to Question A.

That, I think, is the most sensible answer in this whole thread.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 14-06-2012, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , jmsmith2011
@hotmail.co.uk says...

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:46:44 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , Dean25.a4d5e96
says...

. I CREATED this
thread with the intention of aquiring suckers from someone local, I
didnt CREATE this thread to discuss Sumachs with people.

You have created this thread in a discussion group which exists purely,
for other people to discuss plants, gardens, and garden related issues.

"other people" - eh? Just tell him he is not welcome and be done with it.

Anyone is welcome to discuss growing rhus typhina even if they don't
have it in their garden, or don't intend to supply one to Dean.

Janet

Old 14-06-2012, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:44:12 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , jmsmith2011
says...

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:46:44 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , Dean25.a4d5e96
says...

. I CREATED this
thread with the intention of aquiring suckers from someone local, I
didnt CREATE this thread to discuss Sumachs with people.

You have created this thread in a discussion group which exists purely,
for other people to discuss plants, gardens, and garden related issues.

"other people" - eh? Just tell him he is not welcome and be done with it.

Anyone is welcome to discuss growing rhus typhina even if they don't
have it in their garden, or don't intend to supply one to Dean.

Janet

and why the word "other" in the sentence:

"You have created this thread in a discussion group which exists purely, for
other people to discuss plants, gardens, and garden related issues."

I guess it was a reflection on what you were thinking.

Old 14-06-2012, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , jmsmith2011
@hotmail.co.uk says...

[...]

I'd guess that's a reflection on how you follow threads. Read the line
by Dean above my reply. Responding to Dean's comment

" I didn't CREATE this thread to discuss sumachs with people",

I was pointing out that OTHER people are here purely to discuss; that is
the sole purpose of this group.

Janet

Old 15-06-2012, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:41:02 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , jmsmith2011
says...

[...]

Nice wriggle:

"You have created this thread in a discussion group which exists purely,
for other people to discuss plants, gardens, and garden related issues."

"the discussion group exists purely for other people" if not the group - then
what is it that "purely exists"?
Old 15-06-2012, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith" wrote in message
[...]

Once you lot in the clique get your knife into a person, especially if they
come from gardenbanter, you don't give up do you?

Can't you accept that gardenbanter is here and here to stay?

Go and start your own forum and make sure us nasties stay away.

Mike

Old 16-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Registered User

[quote="'Mike'[_4_];961830"]"Judith" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:41:02 +0100, Janet
wrote:

In article
, jmsmith2011
@hotmail.co.uk says...

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:44:12 +0100, Janet
wrote:

In article
, jmsmith2011
@hotmail.co.uk says...

wrote:

[...]

....................................[/QUOTE

Im not from Garden banter! I mistakenly posted on here. Ive been amazed at the responses on here I really have.
Old 16-06-2012, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:20:18 +0000, Dean25
wrote:

Im not from Garden banter! I mistakenly posted on here. Ive been amazed
at the responses on here I really have.

Whilst I'm not taking sides here, because neither side is 100% right,
you ARE from Garden Banter. The headers from your first post say:

From: Dean25
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:46:59 +0000

So you posted to Garden Banter and Garden Banter simply sent your
message on here - if you had first read a bit of the information that
Garden Banter presents you would have perhaps understood far better
that Garden Banter is merely a "post office". Indeed, if you don't
realise that you are from Garden Banter then you have read none of the
information that's "in your face" when you log on there.

If you look at several "threads" on Garden Banter you will see lots of
references to "external usenet poster" people - those are us - and you
will see that the discussion often diverts from the original topic. At
other times, the advice we offer will be much broader than the
original question. That is what we do here.

It's not a question and answer session; it's a discussion. Only one or
two here are also members of Garden Banter; but we are all gardening
enthusiasts who are trying to help, free of charge, whilst the people
who operate Garden Banter anonymously rake in advertising income on
the back of our efforts to help people like you. But you have to
accept that when we are trying to help, we are also entitled to chat
amongst ourselves and maybe go beyond the original question.

When you posted your "helpful answers only" message you raised some
heckles. That's all. Simples.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from Swansea Bay. Dave's at that end; I'm at this end.
Bill G's in the middle. Come to think of it, where is Bill G these days?
Old 17-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post

From: Dean25

Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 23:46:59 +0000

[...]

yes quite, I bought another Sumach today from Garden centre hurrah!
Old 18-06-2012, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
I think it's fair to say that everyone is welcome in urg and that most
urglers try to be helpful. But if they come via e.g. Gardenbanter it
may help *them* to realise that they're not in a straight question and
answer situation. Because this is a discussion-about-gardening group,
they will get a lot of opinions, some of which conflict! What they
won't get, usually, is Answer B to Question A.
--
Sacha

Gardening is like that though. I've just been to a garden centre where
people having been piling the most hideous mix (to my eyes) of bedding
and hanging basket plants onto their trollies, without much though for
whether the plants are all for sunny positions or for shady areas and
intend, from their remarks, them to all be placed together.

However they may not like my carefully co-ordinated pastel colour
schemes either but each to his own
--
Janet Tweedy

Old 18-06-2012, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-06-18 15:50:24 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Sacha
writes
[...]

When we make up hanging baskets for orders, we always ask if they're going
to be in sun or shade. Choice of colour is up to the customer, of course.
But when people choose for themselves, it's impossible to guide them
unless they ask for help.
--
Sacha

If I concrete over my hanging baskets and before the concrete goes off I
stick a plastic daisy in it and I am pleased with it. Is that wrong? And who
are you or anybody else, to tell me it is wrong?

"MY" hanging basket. "MY" planning. "MY" pleasure.

A dig has already been made at someone's idea of hanging baskets. Shame on
you

Mike

Pruning sumach Tahi United Kingdom 1 19-03-2010 02:57 PM
Rhus typhina patrick j[_2_] United Kingdom 13 29-07-2008 04:31 PM
Staghorn Sumach T. Sheehan United Kingdom 3 13-06-2005 08:39 PM
WTB: Stag\Elk Horns (ferns) CANB bleanne Australia 0 05-05-2003 03:09 AM
does this sound like Rhus glabra (smooth sumac)? griffon Gardening 1 03-04-2003 01:32 AM