GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sawfly and Solomon Seal (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203978-sawfly-solomon-seal.html)

RiversideRed 11-06-2012 12:30 PM

Sawfly and Solomon Seal

Any tips on preventing our Solomon Seal being shredded again this year by
Sawfly caterpillars.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 11-06-2012 01:00 PM

Sawfly and Solomon Seal

"RiversideRed" wrote in message
Any tips on preventing our Solomon Seal being shredded again this year by
Sawfly caterpillars.

hit them with something like pravado, once you break the cycle you will
probably not have to do it again in future years

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Christina Websell 12-06-2012 12:15 AM

Sawfly and Solomon Seal

"RiversideRed" wrote in message
Any tips on preventing our Solomon Seal being shredded again this year by
Sawfly caterpillars.

Apart from picking them off every day and putting them on the bird table, I
don't know how to prevent it.
Maybe there is a chemical solution but I prefer not to go down that route.
Tina