GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Washout (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204050-washout.html)

Baz[_3_] 16-06-2012 07:35 AM

Washout

Having re re re and resown carrots, parsnip, sweetcorn, brussels sprouts
and a few others, not one of them are looking anything like healthy.
I think it's time to admit defeat this year.
Even the Gardeners Delight toms are still only 2" high. I have some indoors
at work in a conservatory which are doing better but only now are showing
the odd flower or two.
Having said all that, the sun has come out as I write at 7:30 am, but the
forecast is rain and some more.

Baz

mogga 16-06-2012 10:25 AM

Washout

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 06:35:54 GMT, Baz wrote:

Having re re re and resown carrots, parsnip, sweetcorn, brussels sprouts
and a few others, not one of them are looking anything like healthy.
I think it's time to admit defeat this year.
Even the Gardeners Delight toms are still only 2" high. I have some indoors
at work in a conservatory which are doing better but only now are showing
the odd flower or two.
Having said all that, the sun has come out as I write at 7:30 am, but the
forecast is rain and some more.

Baz

Someone's tomatoes are roof high in his greenhouse (nearby allotment
site not mine)
I want to know his secrets.

The birds have been pulling the carrots out apparently.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Janet 16-06-2012 12:09 PM

Washout

In article ,
says...

Having re re re and resown carrots, parsnip, sweetcorn, brussels sprouts
and a few others, not one of them are looking anything like healthy.
I think it's time to admit defeat this year.

Years back urg had a large-scale veg grower poster (Alan Gould) who
extended veg bed rotation from the usual 4 years to 5. The fifth year, his
raised bed lay unplanted and fallow to "rest the soil". You could look up
his "fallow" advice in the google archive.

Janet