GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204126-grass-seed.html)

Pete C[_3_] 19-06-2012 10:42 PM

Grass seed

How is it produced. I mean, my lawn grows, I mow it. So how is seed
produced?
Pete C

'Mike'[_4_] 19-06-2012 10:47 PM

Grass seed

"Pete C" wrote in message
How is it produced. I mean, my lawn grows, I mow it. So how is seed
produced?
Pete C

What came first? The Chicken or the Egg?

;-)

Mike

Christina Websell 19-06-2012 11:10 PM

Grass seed

"Pete C" wrote in message
How is it produced. I mean, my lawn grows, I mow it. So how is seed
produced?
Pete C

By commercial companies who grow grass and let it seed?
Just a guess.

harry 20-06-2012 06:27 AM

Grass seed

On Jun 19, 10:42*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
How is it produced. I mean, my lawn grows, I mow it. So how is seed
produced?
Pete C

It is grown and harvested just like any other grass. Eg barley, oats,
wheat etc.
http://www.barenbrug.co.uk/aboutBarenbrugGroup.asp

Janet 20-06-2012 03:45 PM

Grass seed

In article ,
says...

How is it produced. I mean, my lawn grows, I mow it. So how is seed
produced?
Pete C

Just like wheat or oats, also grasses.
The grass is grown until it flowers and sets seed, then when the seed is
ripe the grass is harvested and threshed to separate the stems from the
seeds.

I can't believe you've never seen grasses set seed!

Janet