Old 23-06-2012, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Suffolk 75G14 Petrol Mower

Hi Everyone,

I've not been on this group for a couple of years, but I'm back now.

I have just been given a Suffolk 75G14 petrol lawn mower that has sat in a
dry garage for about 11 years without any use at all.

I have not done anything with it yet apart from pull the starter cord a
couple of times to see if there is any compression. There is, but I realise
that's no indication it will work.

Could someone please let me know what the spark plug gap should be and also
the points gap.

Any other help that you could offer would be gratefully appreciated.

Jim G

Old 24-06-2012, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/06/2012 18:23, the_constructor wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I've not been on this group for a couple of years, but I'm back now.

I have just been given a Suffolk 75G14 petrol lawn mower that has sat in a
dry garage for about 11 years without any use at all.

I have not done anything with it yet apart from pull the starter cord a
couple of times to see if there is any compression. There is, but I realise
that's no indication it will work.

Could someone please let me know what the spark plug gap should be and also
the points gap.

Any other help that you could offer would be gratefully appreciated.

Jim G

Try this:

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/si...lk%20Punch.pdf
Old 24-06-2012, 07:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farmer Giles" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/06/2012 18:23, the_constructor wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I've not been on this group for a couple of years, but I'm back now.

I have just been given a Suffolk 75G14 petrol lawn mower that has sat in
dry garage for about 11 years without any use at all.

I have not done anything with it yet apart from pull the starter cord a
couple of times to see if there is any compression. There is, but I
realise
that's no indication it will work.

Could someone please let me know what the spark plug gap should be and
also
the points gap.

Any other help that you could offer would be gratefully appreciated.

Jim G

Try this:

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/si...lk%20Punch.pdf

Many thanks Farmer Giles..... Will read and inwardly digest

Jim G

Old 25-06-2012, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.oldlawnmowerclub.co.uk/si...pmanual/Suffol...

Many thanks Farmer Giles..... Will read and inwardly digest

Jim G

Firstly see if it has a spark, secondly remove, strip and carefully
clean the carb and fuel tank, then after changing the oil, give it a
go and see if starts.

If it doesnt spark change the plug, if still no luck you will need to
investigate the ignition system............unless its very old indeed,
its probably going to an electronic system, so no need to worry about
points.