GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Woodworm deterent. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204216-woodworm-deterent.html)

RiversideRed 26-06-2012 06:36 PM

Woodworm deterent.

Hi. All my gardening tools are kept in a shed infested with woodworm ,apart
from treating the whole shed ( which isnt mine) is there a product that
will protect my stuff.

Martin Brown 26-06-2012 07:52 PM

Woodworm deterent.

On 26/06/2012 18:36, RiversideRed wrote:
Hi. All my gardening tools are kept in a shed infested with woodworm
,apart from treating the whole shed ( which isnt mine) is there a
product that
will protect my stuff.

Permethrin fumite smoke (but don't burn it down) or spray applied to the
inside of the shed. Not perfect but it will seriously slow them down.
Now is about the peak woodworm adult season so a good hit will be fairly
effective.

And or paint the outside with creosote - a rather older remedy.

Anything varnished is probably relatively safe.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown