GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204334-tomato.html)

No Name 07-07-2012 12:26 AM

Tomato!

Spotted the first tomato going orangey!!

No Name 07-07-2012 12:30 PM

Tomato!

Martin wrote:
Spotted the first tomato going orangey!!

and we have full sized Estima potatoes. They were planted at the end
of April.

I found a full sized Kestrel (potato, not bird!) whilst weeding yesterday

No Name 07-07-2012 02:34 PM

Tomato!

Martin wrote:
Spotted the first tomato going orangey!!
and we have full sized Estima potatoes. They were planted at the end
of April.

I found a full sized Kestrel (potato, not bird!)

http://www.lovepotatoes.co.uk/the-po...ato-varieties/ doesn't
know Kestrel. Google does.

How odd. They seem a popular one. (I know at least one person here
who hates them, so maybe 'popular' as in well known)

I was going to say "ooh, Belle de Fontenay!" cos we keep looking for
them - but it's Bella Rossa that we can't find, and I tried them instead.
I haven't been able to source Bella Rossa for a few years - we got them
once and they made lovely roasties.

whilst weeding yesterday

Serendipity at work.

Indeed. Also pulled up a couple of small parsnips, but our whole plot
has been taken over by wind-sown parsnips