GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More Froglets to Come? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204712-more-froglets-come.html)

Jake 04-08-2012 07:24 PM

More Froglets to Come?

I know it's August, middle of summer (whatever that ought to be).

I still have lots of froglets hopping around on the back lawn and in
borders (saw one today munching on a slug that was probably three
times its size).

There are still numerous late-developing tadpoles swimming around in
the pond. Whether they will come to anything I know not.

On Thursday last I added a final planting basket of plants to the
planting shelf so pond planting is complete after 15 years!

This morning, that planting basket contained a new lot of frog spawn.

Nature sure is going weird this year!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

[email protected] 06-08-2012 06:28 AM

More Froglets to Come?

On Saturday, August 4, 2012 7:24:58 PM UTC+1, Jake wrote:
I know it's August, middle of summer (whatever that ought to be).

I still have lots of froglets hopping around on the back lawn and in

borders (saw one today munching on a slug that was probably three

times its size).

There are still numerous late-developing tadpoles swimming around in

the pond. Whether they will come to anything I know not.

On Thursday last I added a final planting basket of plants to the

planting shelf so pond planting is complete after 15 years!

This morning, that planting basket contained a new lot of frog spawn.

Nature sure is going weird this year!

I take it you don't have any fish or newts eating the tadpoles then?

Doug.

Jake 06-08-2012 09:22 AM

More Froglets to Come?

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 22:28:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I take it you don't have any fish or newts eating the tadpoles then?

Doug.

No fish - too many herrings round here to take them.

I had newts until 2 years ago but none seen since I stopped tipping
beer into the pond each weekend.

Cheers, Jake