GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaves turning yellow. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204726-leaves-turning-yellow.html)

kerrygirl 05-08-2012 10:27 PM

Leaves turning yellow.

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some advice. Earlier this year I grew Alyssum from seeds. I then potted them into 3'' pots and hardened them off. I have them on a homemade bench, on which I have capillary matting.

My problem is that a lot of the leaves are turning yellow. Is it too much moisture (that's something we have plenty of all summer) because of the matting they are very wet. Also can I leave them out all winter or should I put them into the greenhouse. I love gardening but still have a lot to learn. I would appreciate the help.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 06-08-2012 10:07 AM

Leaves turning yellow.

--
kerrygirl

If you are trying to keep stuff longer than about 4-6 weeks in a pot
(especially a small pot) then it needs feeding, and yes it certainly wont
enjoy long periods of being saturated.

Can't you get them planted yet?

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

kerrygirl 06-08-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Pridham[_2_] (Post 966250)
"kerrygirl" wrote in message

[...]

ROSELAND HOUSE GARDEN & NURSERY

Hello Charlie,
Thank you for replying. I'm growimg them for some friends. They will be planting them in the spring. I have to overwinter the plants. God Charlie I hope the frost wont kill them.