GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204779-plums.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 11-08-2012 06:00 PM

Plums

There was a thread a while back reporting various fruits. How are your Viccy
Plums now? I reported that the tree was laden and that I had put props under
the branches, but they are showing no signs of turning to their usual ripe
colour, just getting a bit bigger and staying green.

Yours?

Mike

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 11-08-2012 06:33 PM

Plums

"'Mike'" wrote in message
There was a thread a while back reporting various fruits. How are your
Viccy Plums now? I reported that the tree was laden and that I had put
props under the branches, but they are showing no signs of turning to
their usual ripe colour, just getting a bit bigger and staying green.

Yours?

Mike

Bit early yet for them to be ripe, another couple of weeks.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

'Mike'[_4_] 11-08-2012 06:41 PM

Plums

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
There was a thread a while back reporting various fruits. How are your
Viccy Plums now? I reported that the tree was laden and that I had put
props under the branches, but they are showing no signs of turning to
their usual ripe colour, just getting a bit bigger and staying green.

Yours?

Mike

Bit early yet for them to be ripe, another couple of weeks.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
--

Thanks Charlie, I did wonder. Just me being impatient, I love a nice ripe
'juice up the arm' Viccy Plum ;-)

Mike

Steerpike 12-08-2012 06:39 AM

Plums

"'Mike'" wrote in message

There was a thread a while back reporting various fruits. How are your

Viccy Plums now? I reported that the tree was laden and that I had put

props under the branches, but they are showing no signs of turning to

their usual ripe colour, just getting a bit bigger and staying green.

Yours?

Mike

Bit early yet for them to be ripe, another couple of weeks.

--

Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall

and Lapageria rosea cvs

http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

--

Thanks Charlie, I did wonder. Just me being impatient, I love a nice ripe

'juice up the arm' Viccy Plum ;-)

Mike

Mike we all know you are not that as well up on gardening as things to do with leather/rubber aprons and being on the level, but surely even someone such as yourself should be able to work out whether a plum is ripe or not?