GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb reverting to type? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204827-rhubarb-reverting-type.html)

Peter James[_4_] 16-08-2012 07:53 AM

Rhubarb reverting to type?

This year, one of my rhubarb plants has changed in appearance. The
stalk it produces is, in cross section, a thin crescent shape, rather
than the usual thick stalk, and the outer skin of the plant has become
rough and almost "warty" in feel and appearance.

I wonder if it is reverting to its native plant type? Has anyone on
this NG any information or advice for me?

Peter

--
It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph.

Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797