Old 17-08-2012, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Time for an Arc?

Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2
inches of rain, and more due all through the night.
I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's
almost 6 inches deep.
Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.
if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.
David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.
Old 17-08-2012, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:27:38 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2
inches of rain, and more due all through the night.
I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's
almost 6 inches deep.
Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.
if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.
David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.

It seems to have emptied it all on your side of the Bristol Channel.
We've had far less than was promised. At least you won't have to
water, yet again.

Pam in Bristol
Old 17-08-2012, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote ...

Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2
inches of rain, and more due all through the night.
I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's almost
6 inches deep.
Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.
if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.
David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.

We are watering on a daily basis now, ground is bone dry. I can also tell
that I am going to have trouble sleeping tonight even with a large ceiling
fan.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 18-08-2012, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, August 17, 2012 7:27:38 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2

inches of rain, and more due all through the night.

I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's

almost 6 inches deep.

Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.

if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.

David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.

Maybe a dictionary would be more appropriate, unless you are thinking of giving up gardening for metalwork perhaps?
Old 18-08-2012, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/08/2012 23:12, Steerpike wrote:
On Friday, August 17, 2012 7:27:38 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2

inches of rain, and more due all through the night.

I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's

almost 6 inches deep.

Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.

if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.

David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.

Maybe a dictionary would be more appropriate, unless you are thinking of giving up gardening for metalwork perhaps?

If you are unable to cope with creative spelling
TOUGH

Old 18-08-2012, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/08/2012 23:13, David Hill wrote:
On 17/08/2012 23:12, Steerpike wrote:
On Friday, August 17, 2012 7:27:38 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2

inches of rain, and more due all through the night.

I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's

almost 6 inches deep.

Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.

if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.

David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.

Maybe a dictionary would be more appropriate, unless you are thinking of giving up gardening for metalwork perhaps?

If you are unable to cope with creative spelling
TOUGH

I thought you might be pointing the way for the NG contributors in
France ("Arc en ciel"), and wishfully thinking that the sun might be
coming out.

--

Jeff
Old 18-08-2012, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Friday, August 17, 2012 11:13:55 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
On 17/08/2012 23:12, Steerpike wrote:

On Friday, August 17, 2012 7:27:38 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:

Well this latest batch of "Showers" have so far produced just over 1 1/2

inches of rain, and more due all through the night.

I've never seen so much water running down the track, in places it's

almost 6 inches deep.

Well they have put out a flood warning for us for today and tomorrow.

if the Temp. wasn't around 68f you could think it was winter.

David @ the end of Swansea bay that has several people building Arks.

Maybe a dictionary would be more appropriate, unless you are thinking of giving up gardening for metalwork perhaps?

If you are unable to cope with creative spelling

TOUGH

Its the sort of thing thats very common nowadays, and is reflective of just how poor our education system appears to be.
Old 18-08-2012, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

If you are unable to cope with creative spelling

TOUGH

Its the sort of thing thats very common nowadays, and is reflective of just how poor our education system appears to be.

A child like you may think so, but I was educated just after the war
when education WAS education, and we didn't get our heads filled with
the Bullshit you seem to have been taught.
Old 18-08-2012, 11:47 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Its the sort of thing thats very common nowadays, and is reflective of just how poor our education system appears to be.
Absolutely. Rather like the use/misuse/omission of the apostrophe.
__________________
Old 19-08-2012, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:30:00 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
If you are unable to cope with creative spelling

TOUGH

Its the sort of thing thats very common nowadays, and is reflective of just how poor our education system appears to be.

A child like you may think so, but I was educated just after the war

when education WAS education, and we didn't get our heads filled with

the Bullshit you seem to have been taught.

Which makes it even more strange that your spelling seems akin to that of a product of our present day education system! As I guess most posters on here are probably in their 60-70s though, the poor spelling and grammer obviously isnt related to recent problems with the education system.

Old 19-08-2012, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/19/2012 3:50 AM, Steerpike wrote:

the poor spelling and grammer obviously isnt related to recent problems with the education system.

Hmm.

Old 19-08-2012, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:29:11 PM UTC+1, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/19/2012 3:50 AM, Steerpike wrote:

the poor spelling and grammer obviously isnt related to recent problems with the education system.

Hmm.

I dont think for one moment many of the thickos on here will quite get that.........................
Old 21-08-2012, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote:
If you are unable to cope with creative spelling

TOUGH

Its the sort of thing thats very common nowadays, and is reflective
of just how poor our education system appears to be.

A child like you may think so, but I was educated just after the war
when education WAS education, and we didn't get our heads filled with
the Bullshit you seem to have been taught.

David,

Christopher Stevens (aka ken, Steerpike and about 50 other different
'handles) is a belligerent fool and well into his sixties - and his
education was rather scant for that period to say the least (bottom of the
class I believe). vbg

He is now the Number One troll of the Usenet groups he frequents - but he's
too dense to realise that!

Or maybe he's reverting back to childhood with age??