GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oak Leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204877-oak-leaves.html)

David Hill 20-08-2012 07:52 PM

Oak Leaves

Further to Sacha's mystery leaf.
Here is a picture of a leaf off one of my 12 Red Oaks
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...RedOakleaf.jpg
David @ the dry end of Swansea Bay.

kay 21-08-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] (Post 967093)
On 2012-08-20 19:52:49 +0100, David Hill said:

Further to Sacha's mystery leaf.
Here is a picture of a leaf off one of my 12 Red Oaks
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...RedOakleaf.jpg
David @ the dry end of Swansea Bay.

I think there's a conspiracy to drive me mad!! Still think it's the
alnus because it's more pointy and 'cut' than the oaks' leaves!
-

It's probably time to bring in further info. What is the bark like? How are the leaves arranged on the branches? What is the shape of the tree? What colour and shape are the buds?

I'm assuming you have no flower or seed info.