GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   revived clematis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204952-revived-clematis.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 27-08-2012 03:23 PM

revived clematis

The clematis which has survived in a pot as barely more than a
root-ball for 3 years, has been making growth recently and today I
find one pink flower! It seems I was right to recall it is a Hagley
Hybrid. I'm delighted. I potted it up in the Spring of 2009 prior to
having a new fence and it sulked, so much that I thought it was dead
and almost dumped it!

Pam in Bristol

kay 27-08-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] (Post 967625)
The clematis which has survived in a pot as barely more than a
root-ball for 3 years, has been making growth recently and today I
find one pink flower! It seems I was right to recall it is a Hagley
Hybrid. I'm delighted. I potted it up in the Spring of 2009 prior to
having a new fence and it sulked, so much that I thought it was dead
and almost dumped it!

Pam in Bristol

Clematis have an enormous will to live. I had a clematis which disappeared from view - 3-4 years later I was planting something else and found the clematis roots. Realised somewhat belatedly the problem - slugs eating young shoots to the extent that I hadn't seen anything at all above ground. After a couple of seasons cossetting in the slug-free environment of the greenhouse, the clematis is now giving an excellent annual display at the top of a lilac.