GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Iris foliage (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205031-iris-foliage.html)

Mitulove 04-09-2012 01:24 PM

Iris foliage

Hello,

I've never grown irises before, and I'm wondering if there are particular varieties that provide a nice long show of foliage before dying down. Looking at photos, I think I'm partial to bearded irises.

Many thanks!

Bob Hobden 04-09-2012 05:09 PM

Iris foliage

"Mitulove" wrote

I've never grown irises before, and I'm wondering if there are
particular varieties that provide a nice long show of foliage before
dying down. Looking at photos, I think I'm partial to bearded irises.

Tall Bearded Iris do not loose their leaves in winter although they can get
a bit tatty by the spring when they start into quick growth before
flowering. Do remember they must have sun on the rhizome so don't shade them
with other plants.
http://www.iris-cayeux.com/index.php...vise=gbp&lg=FR
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.