Old 05-09-2012, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pyle garden centre

After going over to the Rest at Porth Cawl we thought we would visit the
revamped garden centre.
Not impressed.
As you drive in no mention of Garden centre, just Tea rooms Textiles etc.
No sign giving opening hours anywhere.
We got there at around 5 40 and the place was shut up tight, just one
car in the car park, looked as if he was picking up someone.
No sign saying closed.
I doubt we will bother to go back.
David @ a warm part of Swansea Bay.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:46:29 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

After going over to the Rest at Porth Cawl we thought we would visit the
revamped garden centre.
Not impressed.
As you drive in no mention of Garden centre, just Tea rooms Textiles etc.
No sign giving opening hours anywhere.
We got there at around 5 40 and the place was shut up tight, just one
car in the car park, looked as if he was picking up someone.
No sign saying closed.
I doubt we will bother to go back.
David @ a warm part of Swansea Bay.

David, are you sure you were at the right place? There is a big sign
at the A48 junction with opening hours clearly displayed and visible
from both directions. They close at 5.30 weekdays and the security
gate is closed when the "compound" is cleared (the shops to the left
as you enter the gate and the cafe are currently run independently of
the centre).

Signage within the "compound" is as agreed by the planners although
admittedly, that opposite the gate relates to the "concession"
businesses. There were initially signs pointing to the main garden
centre car park and to the overflow one but someone behind a desk
considered they were too much. The sign facing the car park is fairly
large. (http://www.thepylegardencentre.com)

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.