GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green Manure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205046-green-manure.html)

Jolly polly 06-09-2012 07:48 AM

Green Manure

What's the most economical way to buy and grow a green manure and where do I
get it from?

Baz[_3_] 06-09-2012 11:18 AM

Green Manure

"Jolly polly" wrote in
:

What's the most economical way to buy and grow a green manure and
where do I get it from?

If you have a horticultural shop near you that should be the cheapest.

Failing that, have a look at the url below.
http://greenmanure.co.uk/

The most UN-economical way is to buy from T&M, Suttons, Marshalls or
Unwins. They all seem to me, far too expensive for anything.

Hope this helps
Baz

No Name 06-09-2012 11:31 AM

Green Manure

Baz wrote:
The most UN-economical way is to buy from T&M, Suttons, Marshalls or
Unwins. They all seem to me, far too expensive for anything.

I bought a bunch 'from' T+M, via Wyevale when they had their 25p
sell-off of seeds. :-)

Baz[_3_] 06-09-2012 12:23 PM

Green Manure

wrote in
:

Baz wrote:
The most UN-economical way is to buy from T&M, Suttons, Marshalls or
Unwins. They all seem to me, far too expensive for anything.

I bought a bunch 'from' T+M, via Wyevale when they had their 25p
sell-off of seeds. :-)

Yes you can find bargains when large companies need to unload static
stock.
I was talking recommended retail price.
I love a bargain too.

Baz