GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Squash win, Broccoli loss (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205301-squash-win-broccoli-loss.html)

Paul Luton[_2_] 28-09-2012 04:01 PM

Squash win, Broccoli loss

Despite/because of weather 4 squash "Avallon" plants have made plenty of
fruit including a few nice small ones. Broccoli "Belstar" struggled all
summer and one of the 12ish plants has finally started forming a head.
Any hope for the others do we reckon ?

Paul in SW London

John 28-09-2012 05:28 PM

Squash win, Broccoli loss

On Friday, September 28, 2012 4:01:17 PM UTC+1, Paul Luton wrote:
Despite/because of weather 4 squash "Avallon" plants have made plenty of

fruit including a few nice small ones. Broccoli "Belstar" struggled all

summer and one of the 12ish plants has finally started forming a head.

Any hope for the others do we reckon ?

Paul in SW London

You may be lucky with your broccoli, we are still getting a few heads on ours.

Strangely and O/T, I have had the biggest outdoor melons this year than any time in the last ten.

I dont know why, except the poor weather in June made me delay planting them out and we then had some very mild nights and I kept the cold frame shut until the plants were touching the underside of the lid.