GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Global Warming (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205573-global-warming.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 26-10-2012 06:08 PM

Global Warming

Just heard on the radio that there is the possibility of a sprinkling of
global warming due in East Anglia.

Wrap up warm folks. We have a biting wind here on the south east coast of
the Isle of Wight, let's hope it is not the Isle of White in the near
future.

Mike

Farm1[_4_] 27-10-2012 12:17 AM

Global Warming

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Just heard on the radio that there is the possibility of a sprinkling of
global warming due in East Anglia.

Wrap up warm folks. We have a biting wind here on the south east coast of
the Isle of Wight, let's hope it is not the Isle of White in the near
future.

"Global warming" is an old name for the phenomenon. It's been known as
"climate change" for at least the past decade. That name better reflects
the tendency to extremes as not all such extremes involve "warming".

Granity 27-10-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farm1[_4_] (Post 971737)
"'Mike'" wrote in message
Just heard on the radio that there is the possibility of a sprinkling of
global warming due in East Anglia.

Wrap up warm folks. We have a biting wind here on the south east coast of
the Isle of Wight, let's hope it is not the Isle of White in the near
future.

"Global warming" is an old name for the phenomenon. It's been known as
"climate change" for at least the past decade. That name better reflects
the tendency to extremes as not all such extremes involve "warming".

Errrrr no, it was changed when it was realised it had stopped getting warmer, part of the "hide the decline" damage limitation exercise by the Watermelons.

There's been a sprinkling of global warming in the Dales as well.

Swaledale weather

Strange really since a leading scientist said back in 2002 that snow was a thing of the past in the UK and that a whole generation would grow up without seeing any.

Fuschia[_3_] 27-10-2012 11:14 AM

Global Warming

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 10:17:33 +1100, "Farm1"
wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Just heard on the radio that there is the possibility of a sprinkling of
global warming due in East Anglia.

Wrap up warm folks. We have a biting wind here on the south east coast of
the Isle of Wight, let's hope it is not the Isle of White in the near
future.

"Global warming" is an old name for the phenomenon. It's been known as
"climate change" for at least the past decade. That name better reflects
the tendency to extremes as not all such extremes involve "warming".

Sorry Farm1. You are talking facts. 'Mike' doesn't do facts. He's
already made up his 'mind' on the issue.