Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ever bought something you don't really need?

Well, can always find a use :-)

I went into HomeBase to buy a light bulb and came out with two olive trees.
They were originally £19.99 each for a tall twig with a few small branches
at the top, which was a bit pricey.
However at £4.99 each they somehow levitated into my shopping trolley.

Of course, we already have a well established olive tree in a large pot with
a good crop of small green olives.
However we are planning to hard landscape most of the back garden so there
is always room for another pot, and there is the allotment, and there are
friends who don't have an olive tree yet.

However I absolutely did not set out to buy an olive tree, let alone two.

Oh, I did get the light bulb.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
[...]

I went into the garage for petrol and came out with 12 pints of milk as
well.

Does that count?

Mike

Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/11/2012 19:41, David WE Roberts wrote:
Well, can always find a use :-)

I went into HomeBase to buy a light bulb and came out with two olive trees.
They were originally £19.99 each for a tall twig with a few small
branches at the top, which was a bit pricey.
However at £4.99 each they somehow levitated into my shopping trolley.

Of course, we already have a well established olive tree in a large pot
with a good crop of small green olives.
However we are planning to hard landscape most of the back garden so
there is always room for another pot, and there is the allotment, and
there are friends who don't have an olive tree yet.

However I absolutely did not set out to buy an olive tree, let alone two.

Oh, I did get the light bulb.

Cheers

Dave R

Well, there was the time last week when RG took me into Homebase to use
a voucher against the purchase of slabs for the patio. The price of the
slabs didn't quite meet the £50 qualifier for the voucher, so he
insisted I bought 2 orchids to make up the price! Did I argue? Do wives
argue?! ;~)))

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 19:47:34 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

[...]

It depends on whether or not you were intending to bath in milk!

Pam in Bristol
Old 06-11-2012, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I don't need to, I have that radiant beauty already ;-)

The milk had been somewhere in the region of £1.45 for a 4 pinter but they
were doing an offer of £3.00 for 3 x 4 pinters. That was on a par with Liddl
so ............................. ;-)

Mike

Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 13:18:29 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

I went into the garage for petrol and came out with 12 pints of milk as
well.

Does that count?

It depends on whether or not you were intending to bath in milk!

Was it asses milk?

Most likely was.

Baz
Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

I went into the garage for petrol and came out with 12 pints of milk as
well.

Does that count?

It depends on whether or not you were intending to bath in milk!

Was it asses milk?

Most likely was.

Baz

That's opened the flood gates of stupid comments. Come on let's see who can
do the best.

Waiting.

Mike

Old 06-11-2012, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

Well, can always find a use :-)

I went into HomeBase to buy a light bulb and came out with two olive
trees. They were originally £19.99 each for a tall twig with a few
small branches at the top, which was a bit pricey.
However at £4.99 each they somehow levitated into my shopping trolley.

Of course, we already have a well established olive tree in a large
pot with a good crop of small green olives.
However we are planning to hard landscape most of the back garden so
there is always room for another pot, and there is the allotment, and
there are friends who don't have an olive tree yet.

However I absolutely did not set out to buy an olive tree, let alone
two.

Oh, I did get the light bulb.

Cheers

Dave R

I bought a Swiss army knife. How useless is that?
Went in for a curtain rail. At least we got the curtain rail.

Baz
Old 06-11-2012, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

[...]

Went to buy a Sunbeam Rapier Convertible once and ended up with a Jag.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/11/2012 13:55, 'Mike' wrote:
"Baz" wrote in message
Martin wrote in
:
wrote:

It depends on whether or not you were intending to bath in milk!

Was it asses milk?

That's opened the flood gates of stupid comments. Come on let's see who can
do the best.

Waiting.

Cleopatra's death was the biggest asp disaster in the world.
--
Phil Cook

Old 06-11-2012, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

It might have made his Milk-float !

Bill

Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

[...]

I did once call into my local Golf shop to buy a scorecard holder but came
out with a new set of irons (duh)

Bill

Old 06-11-2012, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
"David WE Roberts" wrote in
:

[...]

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo
straight. ...................................

Should have gone to Specsavers :-)

Bill

Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Difference between a man and a woman:

A woman will buy something that she doesn't need because it should cost £2
because it actually only costs £1.

A man will buy something that should cost £1 but actually costs £2 because
he needs it.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"EX_OWM" wrote in message
Difference between a man and a woman:

A woman will buy something that she doesn't need because it should cost £2
because it actually only costs £1.

A man will buy something that should cost £1 but actually costs £2 because
he needs it.

Ummm......hopefully not entirely accurate in this case....