GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bloms Bloody Bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205676-re-bloms-bloody-bulbs.html)

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 08-11-2012 09:07 PM

Bloms Bloody Bulbs

In article , Martin
writes
On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:36:21 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Both of you - and others, of course - were certainly here when I first
joined. So, for example, were Cormac and Jane Ransom.

Did Andy Mabbett propose/start this group?

And Jill Bell, Kay, Sarah I think who worked as an electrical engineer
on the Tube,
--
Janet Tweedy

Dave Poole 10-11-2012 02:30 PM

Bloms Bloody Bulbs

On Nov 8, 9:07*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:

And Jill Bell, Kay, Sarah I think who worked as an electrical engineer
on the Tube,

Andy Mabbett suffered at the hands of some seriously vicious,
offensive and libellous interlopers who targeted him here. He always
struck me as a half decent chap and certainly didn't deserve the
dreadful mauling he got. Back in '95 and '96 I was in touch with
Christine Boulby from here quite a lot and we discussed Diascias to
some great detail. I discovered some mangled bits of Agent in
transferred archives from previous computers, which I used as a news
reader and mailer in those days and found that I first posted here in
'95, but was not particularly active until mid '96.

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 10-11-2012 10:00 PM

Bloms Bloody Bulbs

In article
,
Dave Poole writes
Back in '95 and '96 I was in touch with
Christine Boulby

Christine moved up to help with her brother's Diascia collection I
believe. She was certainly very helpful in sharing her expertise and
recommending the hardiest Diascias.
--
Janet Tweedy