GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Washout (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205683-washout.html)

David Hill 10-11-2012 11:31 AM

Washout

Well the last 24 hours have brought us yet another 1 inch of rain.
I wish I could cover the whole place with one large poly tunnel, but
even if I could The run off would cause such a problem.
Just one inch of rain would give 22 611 gallons, so our annual rainfall
of over 80 inches would give us getting over 1 3/4 million gallons.
So my 3 acres I get around 5 1/2 million gallons a year, and some of you
wonder why I say we are wet here at my end of Swansea bay.
David

Baz[_3_] 10-11-2012 01:57 PM

Washout

David Hill wrote in news:ag6s92F9i0pU1
@mid.individual.net:

Well the last 24 hours have brought us yet another 1 inch of rain.
I wish I could cover the whole place with one large poly tunnel, but
even if I could The run off would cause such a problem.
Just one inch of rain would give 22 611 gallons, so our annual rainfall
of over 80 inches would give us getting over 1 3/4 million gallons.
So my 3 acres I get around 5 1/2 million gallons a year, and some of you
wonder why I say we are wet here at my end of Swansea bay.
David

A bit different here in N.Lincs. We just have mizzle, enough to keep the
soil too wet to work on.
You must be very anxious now with the dahlias. A washout? Hope not for you.

Baz