Old 29-11-2012, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT sorry for those using Demon/turnpike - now also thoughts on Windows 8

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , bert ]
writes
But with the new mail system comes Defender Lite which seems to be
filtering out spam for most people. I get the impression spam
filtering has been dropped on the old system.
--

Don't want spam filtered thanks, I can deal with it quite easily via
Mailwasher at the moment and some spam isn't, so I can unstick those

DL is not optional AIUI
--
bert
Old 30-11-2012, 01:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT sorry for those using Demon/turnpike

In article , bert ]
writes
Just read in demon.service all migration has been temporarily
suspended.
--
bert

That's a surprise
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 30-11-2012, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , bert ]
writes
DL is not optional AIUI
--
bert

But how do they 'know' it's spam?
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 30-11-2012, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , bert ]
writes
DL is not optional AIUI
--
bert

But how do they 'know' it's spam?

It's a bit of a dark art and there is a fine balance between being
effective and being over enthusiastic and generating what are referred
to as false positives.

--
bert
Old 01-12-2012, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:33:36 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:32:33 +0000, bert ] wrote:

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , bert ]
writes
DL is not optional AIUI
--
bert

But how do they 'know' it's spam?

It's a bit of a dark art and there is a fine balance between being
effective and being over enthusiastic and generating what are referred
to as false positives.

Part of the fine art is a list of addresses from which most spam
originates.

Or an application that learns how to recognise junk.

Steve

Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
Part of the fine art is a list of addresses from which most spam
originates.
--

Martin

No but I have had the Bridge group that sends out details of the next
lessons, being seen as spam by Mailwasher let alone if Demon took it
upon themselves to start filtering for me. Why can't we opt for
untouched or filtered mail?

Under MW I have easily been able to delete even when you sometimes get
50 of the same thing. No problem,
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 01-12-2012, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
Or an application that learns how to recognise junk.

Steve

Mailwasher learns and it has a very easy interface to work with.
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 01-12-2012, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 11:32:36 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
Or an application that learns how to recognise junk.

Steve

Mailwasher learns and it has a very easy interface to work with.

I've never needed Mailwasher as I have always used Agent for Usenet
and Email.

Steve