Old 27-11-2012, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default the world is coming to an end on 21st Dec.. 2012!!

So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?
Old 27-11-2012, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

Well, it mayan may not
--
Pete C

Old 28-11-2012, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/11/2012 22:13, David Hill wrote:
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

It is high time for another cull of B-Ark material. The last one was
triggered by the arrival of comet Hale-Bopp. That was at least a
physical object. This one is a mere overflow of a Mayan calendar counter
and whilst a great excuse for a party is of no significance.

Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the local
mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

I reckon the hotels should charge at least $10,000 per night for this
one and also for camping pitches (no cancellations or refunds given).

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Beware of the mutant star goat.

Old 28-11-2012, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/11/2012 23:13, David Hill wrote:
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

Either way, the turkey is stuffed.
Old 28-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
So are we due for the end of the world?

So should I forget about a turkey?
Ends of the world are frequently predicted, but have not so far come about. As far as I can see, no prediction has been on any grounds other than magic, and since magic doesn't seem to be real, the predictions lack credibility.

But I would forget about the turkey. Goose is much nicer. In fact just about anything is nicer than turkey. Some of our recent christmas dinners have been ham, venison, and duck.

Old 28-11-2012, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

Is that the beginning of the day or the end? Should I make any appointments
for the 21st or just stay in bed?

Mike

Old 28-11-2012, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet wrote:
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

Just order it for collection on the 22nd.

Presumably pay on collection?
Old 28-11-2012, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/11/2012 11:25, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 27/11/2012 22:13, David Hill wrote:
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

It is high time for another cull of B-Ark material.

I've enjoyed this one because it has given rise to an entertaining ad
on UK TV.. a hunk Noah builds his ark, then his passengers arrive to
start boarding, two by two. They're all beautiful girls.

(Note to product publicity dept.. sorry, haven't a clue what you're
selling)

Janet

I somehow don't think you are the target audience. But then it passed me
by entirely - I will watch out for it now. Aftershave perhaps?

My favourite all time advert was the Levi's rivets ad in the ~70's,
followed closely by the Gods minting BA tickets about the same time.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 28-11-2012, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:13:29 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

So are we due for the end of the world?

Again!

Steve

Old 28-11-2012, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Martin Brown wrote:

I've enjoyed this one because it has given rise to an entertaining ad
on UK TV.. a hunk Noah builds his ark, then his passengers arrive to
start boarding, two by two. They're all beautiful girls.

(Note to product publicity dept.. sorry, haven't a clue what you're
selling)

Janet

I somehow don't think you are the target audience. But then it passed me
by entirely - I will watch out for it now. Aftershave perhaps?

It does sound a bit like a Lynx advert, but I know the one in question
and - isn't it for O2 or someone similar?

I do remember having the same feeling as Janet about it, and making an
effort to find out who it was (good marketing!), then totally forgot
again by now apparently (not so good marketing!)

Old 28-11-2012, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
So are we due for the end of the world?

Again!

I think the world actually did end in June 1991 as predicted*, but
no-one has told us yet.
Old 28-11-2012, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/11/2012 11:25, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 27/11/2012 22:13, David Hill wrote:
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

It is high time for another cull of B-Ark material.

I've enjoyed this one because it has given rise to an entertaining ad
on UK TV.. a hunk Noah builds his ark, then his passengers arrive to
start boarding, two by two. They're all beautiful girls.

(Note to product publicity dept.. sorry, haven't a clue what you're
selling)

Janet

Could be he was taught to Noah good thing when he saw it.
Old 28-11-2012, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in
o.uk:

"David Hill" wrote in message
So are we due for the end of the world?

http://www.maya12-21-2012.com/2012galactic.html
OR
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So should I forget about a turkey?

Well, it mayan may not

Another good one. I like your jokes.

Baz
Old 28-11-2012, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin Brown wrote in news:gJmts.13343
:

[...]

Subliminal advertising? One of many good reasons why not to watch a tv
company or channel with advertisements.

Baz