GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   unidentified blue flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205923-unidentified-blue-flower.html)

karaman 08-12-2012 03:24 AM

unidentified blue flower

1 Attachment(s)
hallo,

does anyone know what this blue flower is? its gorgeous, flowered throughout summer - was told its a perennial so mollycuddling it with leafmould for the winter.

thanks

karaman

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 08-12-2012 08:07 AM

unidentified blue flower

"karaman" wrote in message

hallo,

does anyone know what this blue flower is? its gorgeous, flowered
throughout summer - was told its a perennial so mollycuddling it with
leafmould for the winter.

thanks

karaman

|Filename: unk_blue_flower.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15425|

karaman

I think that's Platycodon grandiflorum the Balloon flower, it is a hardy
herbaceous perennial

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

David Hill 08-12-2012 09:17 AM

unidentified blue flower

On 08/12/2012 08:07, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"karaman" wrote in message

hallo,

does anyone know what this blue flower is? its gorgeous, flowered
throughout summer - was told its a perennial so mollycuddling it with
leafmould for the winter.

thanks

karaman

|Filename: unk_blue_flower.JPG |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15425|

karaman

I think that's Platycodon grandiflorum the Balloon flower, it is a hardy
herbaceous perennial

I'll second that, Platycodon
David @ a sunny but cool end of Swansea Bay

karaman 08-12-2012 03:35 PM

thank you for reply, i have made a note of it - hope she survives our hard winter, such a gorgeous blue!
will look very closely @ your website, i need some climbers.

karaman
gardening in hungary on shores of balaton

kay 08-12-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hogg (Post 974623)

One of the many campanulas? An expert will be along soon to tell you
which!

I looked at tthe thumbnail and thought "campanula", but when I clicked on it to get full size, they're right - it's platycodon.

stuart noble 09-12-2012 09:33 AM

unidentified blue flower

gardening in hungary on shores of balaton

Oh how I envy you :)