Old 13-12-2012, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Very sad. Sir Patrick Moore.

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

Baz
Old 13-12-2012, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:11:09 +0000, Baz wrote:

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

Baz

A man dies in his nineties after a long, fulfilling and (by all outward
appearances) happy life and that's 'very sad'? The only sadness was that
his fiancee was killed in the war and he was a 'one woman man' and so
never married.
Old 13-12-2012, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Derek Turner" wrote ...

Baz wrote:

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

A man dies in his nineties after a long, fulfilling and (by all outward
appearances) happy life and that's 'very sad'? The only sadness was that
his fiancee was killed in the war and he was a 'one woman man' and so
never married.

My only concern is that if he is buried at Church Norton, the local cemetery
near the sea, they do it near a path. I expect his grave will become a place
of pilgrimage, at least for a few years, and I don't want my Mum and her
Daffs and Chionodoxa walked over by all and sundry thank you.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-12-2012, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Derek Turner" wrote ...

Baz wrote:

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

A man dies in his nineties after a long, fulfilling and (by all outward
appearances) happy life and that's 'very sad'? The only sadness was that
his fiancee was killed in the war and he was a 'one woman man' and so
never married.

My only concern is that if he is buried at Church Norton, the local
cemetery near the sea, they do it near a path. I expect his grave will
become a place of pilgrimage, at least for a few years, and I don't want
my Mum and her Daffs and Chionodoxa walked over by all and sundry thank
you.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Cremation and the ashes scattered so that no more land is wasted.

Mike

Old 14-12-2012, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Derek Turner" wrote ...

Baz wrote:

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

A man dies in his nineties after a long, fulfilling and (by all outward
appearances) happy life and that's 'very sad'? The only sadness was that
his fiancee was killed in the war and he was a 'one woman man' and so
never married.

My only concern is that if he is buried at Church Norton, the local
cemetery near the sea, they do it near a path. I expect his grave will
become a place of pilgrimage, at least for a few years, and I don't want
my Mum and her Daffs and Chionodoxa walked over by all and sundry thank
you.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Cremation and the ashes scattered so that no more land is wasted.

Mike

i like the story when he was giving a public lecture, walked backwards and
fell off the stage.

The talk continued from nowhere, without any pause; and just contnued all
the time he was getting back on the stage.

Old 14-12-2012, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Derek Turner wrote in news:aiu9ghF3enfU3
@mid.individual.net:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:11:09 +0000, Baz wrote:

You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

Baz

A man dies in his nineties after a long, fulfilling and (by all outward
appearances) happy life and that's 'very sad'? The only sadness was that
his fiancee was killed in the war and he was a 'one woman man' and so
never married.

Well, I find it very sad when someone dies at any age. Expected or not, its
so bloody sad.
His fiancee was killed, I would hardly think his life was fulfilling after
that!
He kept his private life separate from his scientific life, at least from
the media.
He was a Gentleman, a true gent. We are going to miss him with all his
scientific and musical talents.

Baz
Old 14-12-2012, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"john stone" wrote in
:

i like the story when he was giving a public lecture, walked backwards
and fell off the stage.

The talk continued from nowhere, without any pause; and just
contnued all the time he was getting back on the stage.

Thats because he was the origional MotorMouth. Nothing and no-one could
stop him during full swing. He would take it in his stride and keep on
talking. Now if thats not enthusiasm I dont know what is.

Baz
Old 14-12-2012, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:21:37 GMT, Baz wrote:

"john stone" wrote in
:

i like the story when he was giving a public lecture, walked backwards
and fell off the stage.

The talk continued from nowhere, without any pause; and just
contnued all the time he was getting back on the stage.

Thats because he was the origional MotorMouth. Nothing and no-one could
stop him during full swing. He would take it in his stride and keep on
talking. Now if thats not enthusiasm I dont know what is.

Sir Patrick and Brian May (Queen) published a book on the universe
which I had as a talking book, so no pictures, no publishing details
etc, but very interesting. I wonder what proportion of the book each
contributed. Brian May has a PHD so not just a good jmusician!

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-12-2012, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
You could be right thinking this is a bit off topic. I don't think so.
This Gent.....

Baz

and another Gent, Kenneth Kendal

Mike