GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The game isn't up! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205999-game-isnt-up.html)

shazzbat 20-12-2012 11:33 PM

The game isn't up!

Some of you may recall that I posted back in summer [1] that our allotment
site was up for sale, and I wasn't optimistic about the outcome.

Well, this evening we've been to a meeting, and I can report that we now
seem to be OK. The site has been bought by the town council, and will be run
by the local allotment association, a body which until now has had no
allotments.

Rents will be going up after 2013, but that was to be expected, and the
system so far has been somewhat bizarre, with everybody paying a different
rent according to the going rate when they took it on.

So all in all a much better result than I feared, and the land is now or is
about to become statutory allotment land, which gives it a much more secure
status.

Happy Christmas!
Steve

[1] You remember summer, it was when we had all that rain. Oh, hang on....

Kathy 21-12-2012 12:26 AM

The game isn't up!

"shazzbat" wrote in message
Some of you may recall that I posted back in summer [1] that our allotment
site was up for sale, and I wasn't optimistic about the outcome.

Well, this evening we've been to a meeting, and I can report that we now
seem to be OK. The site has been bought by the town council, and will be
run by the local allotment association, a body which until now has had no
allotments.

Rents will be going up after 2013, but that was to be expected, and the
system so far has been somewhat bizarre, with everybody paying a different
rent according to the going rate when they took it on.

So all in all a much better result than I feared, and the land is now or
is about to become statutory allotment land, which gives it a much more
secure status.

Well done, am pleased for yoy.

Happy Christmas!

And the same to you.