GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Final comment on an act of spite against Baz. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206093-final-comment-act-spite-against-baz.html)

Ophelia[_7_] 03-01-2013 05:17 PM

Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

Whoever wrote it, Baz did not drag that post into urg. Janet did!

The copy provoked argument in urg which was then copied to back to rfc.

Whatever someone posts in another group has no business being copied into
other groups to mock or deride another poster, nor to stir up trouble, as
indeed this one was.

Every one of us is free to post where and when we wish and we do NOT have to
answer or explain to anyone in any other group, unless it is directly their
business, nor indeed ask for permission.

I hope Baz returns to make his, sometimes prickly, comments about gardening.

Best

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia[_7_] 03-01-2013 05:54 PM

"Martin" wrote in message

Whatever someone posts in another group has no business being copied into
other groups to mock or deride another poster, nor to stir up trouble, as
indeed this one was.

Every one of us is free to post where and when we wish and we do NOT have
answer or explain to anyone in any other group, unless it is directly
their
business, nor indeed ask for permission.

There's still the problem of the two Bazs we have posting here.

Maybe there is, I don't know. I am talking about copying posts and the
trouble it caused!
Are there two?
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia[_7_] 03-01-2013 07:32 PM

Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , lid
says...

Whoever wrote it, Baz did not drag that post into urg. Janet did!

Fill your boots. I shall not respond again.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

The Original Jake 03-01-2013 09:41 PM

Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 17:54:58 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .

--

There appear to be two Bazs posting here.

Trouble is that the fake one is very good at adopting Baz's ID and
it's impossible to differentiate between the two, either by simple
observation or even a more technical analysis of posts.

Sacha has also been duplicated in the past but in her case the faker
didn't have the sense to do a proper job and most of us (but not all)
picked it up quickly.

In this case, the copying of posts FOLLOWED the discussion and, if
anything, informed that discussion as we were able to assess the skill
of the apparent faker.

But I guess that everyone has now formed their own opinion and it will
be better for all concerned if the matter is allowed to rest.

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Checked the main lawn today. Realised I have about 1/4" of water on
top of it. :(

But, good news, the drought of 2013 ended today. First rain of the
year. I was getting very worried about the prospect of a hosepipe ban.

Happy New Year everyone.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Ophelia[_7_] 03-01-2013 10:06 PM

"The Original Jake" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 17:54:58 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Thank you, Jake and to you too. Thank you for your post, it is much
appreciated!
Here's hoping there will be fairness and kindness in 2013 and even a few
smiles:)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Let it be 03-01-2013 11:04 PM

Ophelia wrote:
Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

Whoever wrote it, Baz did not drag that post into urg. Janet did!

The copy provoked argument in urg which was then copied to back to
rfc.
Whatever someone posts in another group has no business being copied
into other groups to mock or deride another poster, nor to stir up
trouble, as indeed this one was.

Every one of us is free to post where and when we wish and we do NOT
have to answer or explain to anyone in any other group, unless it is
directly their business, nor indeed ask for permission.

I hope Baz returns to make his, sometimes prickly, comments about
gardening.
Best

I have not followed many posts lately due to an OE problem - hence my
temporary change of name) - and as I have obviously come in at the tail-end
of a thread which *may* involve 'steerpike' and his many aliases could I
suggest that one of the easiest ways to filter out his posts for the less
technically minded, is to insert " (without
quotes) into the search function of (Find Icon) at the top of Outlook
Express (or similar in your preferred reader) and this will bring all his
aliases in most groups and then report him to Google or his ISP
talktalk.co.uk for abusing their terms and conditions.

Attack

[email protected] 03-01-2013 11:17 PM

Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:41:51 +0000, The Original Jake
wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

G.Harman

Ophelia[_7_] 03-01-2013 11:24 PM

wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

Could you put out some sugar water or something to attract it? I know
nothing about it btw, just a thought.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Phil Gurr 04-01-2013 12:29 AM

Final comment on an act of spite against Baz.

"The Original Jake" wrote in message

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Could well have been a bee. Mine have been flying
here in the North of Scotland for the last few days.

Phil

'Mike'[_4_] 04-01-2013 07:35 AM

wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

G.Harman

Had bees on the Heather a couple of days ago

Mike

Spider[_3_] 04-01-2013 11:54 AM

wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

Could you put out some sugar water or something to attract it? I know
nothing about it btw, just a thought.

Good idea. Even better would be honey, if you've got it.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Ophelia[_7_] 04-01-2013 12:28 PM

wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

Could you put out some sugar water or something to attract it? I know
nothing about it btw, just a thought.

Ooh yes! That sounds like a better idea:)
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Granity 04-01-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin[_2_] (Post 975860)
On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 23:04:24 -0000, "Let it be" lid
wrote:

Ophelia wrote:
[...]

Reporting anybody to google is a complete waste of time.
--

Martin

Another good reason for changing to a forum based gardening group, only one occurence of a name is allowed. :-) (and I'm not talking a 'garden banter' type of forum I mean a dedicated forum only system)

Ophelia[_7_] 04-01-2013 12:37 PM

wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

Could you put out some sugar water or something to attract it? I know
nothing about it btw, just a thought.

Ooh yes! That sounds like a better idea:)

Ooops accidentally snipped out your advice about honey:(

Sorry:(
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Spider[_3_] 04-01-2013 01:00 PM

On 04/01/2013 12:37, Ophelia wrote:

wrote:

I thought I saw a bee earlier today but it turned out to be a rather
overweight bluebottle. Still a bit early I think.

Had a Bumble bee flying around around on Wednesday,
Quite lively as well so I hope it was able to find some food somewhere
to replace the energy it was using.

Could you put out some sugar water or something to attract it? I know
nothing about it btw, just a thought.

Ooh yes! That sounds like a better idea:)

Ooops accidentally snipped out your advice about honey:(

Sorry:(

That's okay, Ophelia. I guessed what had happened.