GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yucca bloom spikes in January (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206169-yucca-bloom-spikes-january.html)

Kent 14-01-2013 09:37 PM

Yucca bloom spikes in January

I'm not much of a gardener but I've had a Yucca growing in the shadow of the North side of my house for many years. I've never known it to bloom other than in the summer time.

For the first time I noticed three bloom spikes in December. The spikes didn't seem to mind harsh frosts and are now prominent in January.

Is this unusual?

Kent 21-01-2013 11:20 AM

Thanks for the reply Chris. What does ISTR mean?

I can't decide whether you disbelieve my account or are simply as much in the dark as myself!

Any idea where I can get any ready info on yuccas?

Cheers.