GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Snow report! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206201-snow-report.html)

Sacha[_10_] 18-01-2013 11:41 AM

Snow report!

A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning
which is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape,
for the most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the
Devon Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the
gritters. This is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at
the bottom overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it
looked blanketed by snow but traffic was still moving freely.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

shazzbat 18-01-2013 12:03 PM

Snow report!

"Sacha" wrote in message
A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning which
is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape, for the
most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the Devon
Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the gritters. This
is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at the bottom
overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it looked blanketed
by snow but traffic was still moving freely.
--

3" here in BH22, and still coming down, but much lighter now.

Steve

rbel[_2_] 18-01-2013 12:57 PM

Snow report!

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:41:45 +0000, Sacha wrote:

A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning
which is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape,
for the most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the
Devon Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the
gritters. This is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at
the bottom overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it
looked blanketed by snow but traffic was still moving freely.

Here, east of Torquay and 160m elevation there was a light dusting
overnight and then a slightly more substantial fall around 9 am,
leaving everything white. A couple of hundred metres away, at the
bottom of the hill, there was no snow.
The subsequent rain has started to clear the snow.
--
rbel

'Mike'[_4_] 18-01-2013 12:59 PM

Snow report!

"Sacha" wrote in message
A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning which
is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape, for the
most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the Devon
Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the gritters. This
is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at the bottom
overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it looked blanketed
by snow but traffic was still moving freely.
--

Sacha

Isle of White

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/snow...res-47887.aspx

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 18-01-2013 01:50 PM

Snow report!

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:41:45 +0000, Sacha wrote:

A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning
which is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape,
for the most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the
Devon Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the
gritters. This is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at
the bottom overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it
looked blanketed by snow but traffic was still moving freely.

Down in balmy West Cornwall, we had a lot of rain overnight (1.2 in.),
and I did think of all the folks up-country, bearing in mind the
rule-of-thumb that an inch of rain gives a foot of snow, and that it
was heading that way. Sunny, light westerly wind, and 9 centigrade
ATM.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Was a bit grey this morning after heavy overnight rain, brightening now, dog
may be in luck!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Ophelia[_7_] 18-01-2013 02:27 PM

Snow report!

"Sacha" wrote in message
A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning which
is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape, for the
most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the Devon
Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the gritters. This
is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at the bottom
overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it looked blanketed
by snow but traffic was still moving freely.

We have bright sunshine and blue sky! Take care everyone having problems.
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Sacha[_10_] 18-01-2013 03:32 PM

Snow report!

On 2013-01-18 14:27:26 +0000, Ophelia said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning
which is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape,
for the most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the
Devon Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the
gritters. This is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at
the bottom overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it
looked blanketed by snow but traffic was still moving freely.

We have bright sunshine and blue sky! Take care everyone having problems. --

It's raining here now and just as gloomy. But according to the Apple
weather widget, it's 7C in Plymouth, so we won't get snow in that!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Pete C[_2_] 18-01-2013 04:33 PM

Snow report!

"Sacha" wrote in message
A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning which
is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape, for the
most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the Devon
Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the gritters. This
is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at the bottom
overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it looked blanketed
by snow but traffic was still moving freely.

Snow started early this morning and has continued all day. It's only small
flakes and isn't any problem.
Sorry, my weather station is currently offline.
--
Pete C
http://www.blackberrymoon.co.uk/weather/

Sacha[_10_] 19-01-2013 11:01 AM

Snow report!

On 2013-01-18 14:27:26 +0000, Ophelia said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
A very light snowfall here overnight, followed by rain this morning
which is now sleet. It's a foggy grey sky and a monochrome landscape,
for the most part. Not far from us, the steep hill that leads onto the
Devon Expressway is still open, thanks to some hard work by the
gritters. This is Haldon Hill that in 2010/11 left people stranded at
the bottom overnight, on the Exeter side. On telly this morning it
looked blanketed by snow but traffic was still moving freely.

We have bright sunshine and blue sky! Take care everyone having problems. --

It's raining here now and just as gloomy. But according to the Apple
weather widget, it's 7C in Plymouth, so we won't get snow in that!

Floods again?

Heaven knows, nothing would surprise us now!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

'Mike'[_4_] 19-01-2013 12:54 PM

Snow report!

On 2013-01-18 14:27:26 +0000, Ophelia said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

The end of the world occurs more and more often.
--

Martin

Martin don't worry, the end of the human race will occur way before the end
of the World.

Mike