GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   how-to-breed-hellebores (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206385-how-breed-hellebores.html)

David Hill 14-02-2013 09:25 PM

how-to-breed-hellebores

This is an interesting article on how-to-breed-hellebores
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...bores/146.html

it's from this months Gardenersworld.com
David @ the sunny end of Swansea bay where it's been rain free now for
almost 18 hours.

Bob Hobden 14-02-2013 11:32 PM

how-to-breed-hellebores

"David Hill" wrote ...

This is an interesting article on how-to-breed-hellebores
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...bores/146.html
it's from this months Gardenersworld.com

I'm afraid I just let mine get on with it and they do a good job themselves,
actually got a dark flowered one come from self sown seed.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Sacha[_10_] 15-02-2013 10:02 AM

how-to-breed-hellebores

On 2013-02-14 23:32:41 +0000, Bob Hobden said:

"David Hill" wrote ...

This is an interesting article on how-to-breed-hellebores
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...bores/146.html

it's from this months Gardenersworld.com

I'm afraid I just let mine get on with it and they do a good job
themselves, actually got a dark flowered one come from self sown seed.

I've bought a beautiful, lightly spotted double one from Ashwood
Nurseries. It was an eye-watering price (£19.50) but it's gorgeous. and
they have some lovely plants. Ray has just used it to pollinate a
white one in the garden, so heaven knows what will happen now.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com