GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anyone able to identify a citrus rootstock by its leaves? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206388-anyone-able-identify-citrus-rootstock-its-leaves.html)

David.WE.Roberts 15-02-2013 02:17 PM

Anyone able to identify a citrus rootstock by its leaves?

If so, I'll post a picture or two.

The lemon which had the grafted stem killed by frost last winter is going
berserk by our bifold doors at the moment and I'm wondering what it is and
if it could produce any worthwhile fruit.

Google as usual gives contradictory answers.

Cheers

Dave R

[email protected] 15-02-2013 02:24 PM

Anyone able to identify a citrus rootstock by its leaves?

In article ,
David.WE.Roberts wrote:
If so, I'll post a picture or two.

To some extent. You can identify C. hystrix, for example.

The lemon which had the grafted stem killed by frost last winter is going
berserk by our bifold doors at the moment and I'm wondering what it is and
if it could produce any worthwhile fruit.

Google as usual gives contradictory answers.

Like elves. However, contradictory answers to such questions are
more correct than a single definitive one :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Janet 15-02-2013 04:41 PM

Anyone able to identify a citrus rootstock by its leaves?

In article , says...

In article ,
David.WE.Roberts wrote:
If so, I'll post a picture or two.

To some extent. You can identify C. hystrix, for example.

The lemon which had the grafted stem killed by frost last winter is going
berserk by our bifold doors at the moment and I'm wondering what it is and
if it could produce any worthwhile fruit.

Google as usual gives contradictory answers.

Like elves.

Oh no we don't

Legolas

David.WE.Roberts 02-03-2013 02:00 PM

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:17:35 +0000, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

If so, I'll post a picture or two.

The lemon which had the grafted stem killed by frost last winter is
going berserk by our bifold doors at the moment and I'm wondering what
it is and if it could produce any worthwhile fruit.

Google as usual gives contradictory answers.

http://s817.beta.photobucket.com/user/LittleGreyCatUK/library/Citrus

More details in the aphid thread.

Cheers

Dave R