GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PLastic scaffolding boards (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206442-plastic-scaffolding-boards.html)

Trevor Appleton 23-02-2013 04:09 PM

PLastic scaffolding boards

I usually use wooden scaffolding boards for my raised beds - two high. They
have lasted about 5 years, but I had a landrover then to collect them and it
got nicked. Has anyone bought any plastic ones/can recommend suppliers?

Derek[_6_] 24-02-2013 01:10 PM

PLastic scaffolding boards

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 16:09:43 -0000, "Trevor Appleton"
wrote:

I usually use wooden scaffolding boards for my raised beds - two high. They
have lasted about 5 years, but I had a landrover then to collect them and it
got nicked. Has anyone bought any plastic ones/can recommend suppliers?

Have you thought of 'Decking boards' look good, pretreated, easy to
cut, and can get them in various sizes

Trevor Appleton 25-02-2013 08:12 AM

PLastic scaffolding boards

Is that plastic decking boards? And are they 6 inches wide (need two of
these for the height). The scaffolding boards used to be £1 per metre as
they were seconds (as far as scaffolding was concerned)

Derek[_6_] 26-02-2013 07:28 AM

PLastic scaffolding boards

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:12:23 -0000, "Trevor Appleton"
wrote:

Is that plastic decking boards? And are they 6 inches wide (need two of
these for the height). The scaffolding boards used to be £1 per metre as
they were seconds (as far as scaffolding was concerned)

I used the pre treated wood, not as cheap as scaffolding boards but
easier to handle
http://www.wickes.co.uk/decking/timb...t/deckdecking/

gary lacey 26-02-2013 06:03 PM

a builder friend bought some off George Roberts of Liverpool, he reckons they used to be about £21 for a 13 ft length approx. 2 years ago.

Had a quick look on their site but it says to ring for price here is the site link. George Roberts Tools & Accessories

Trevor Appleton 27-02-2013 07:52 AM

"gary lacey" wrote in message ...

a builder friend bought some off George Roberts of Liverpool, he reckons
they used to be about £21 for a 13 ft length approx. 2 years ago.

Had a quick look on their site but it says to ring for price here is the
site link. 'George Roberts Tools & Accessories'
(http://tinyurl.com/az4fmz4)

Now found my old source still does them at £7 for a 13 ft board, so I
suppose I'll end up keeping with wood and replacing them in a few years
time, but no idea how to get them here (25 mls away) at the moment.

Janet 27-02-2013 09:51 AM

PLastic scaffolding boards

In article ,
says...

(
http://tinyurl.com/az4fmz4)

Now found my old source still does them at £7 for a 13 ft board, so I
suppose I'll end up keeping with wood and replacing them in a few years
time, but no idea how to get them here (25 mls away) at the moment.

look in your local business phone directory for "man with van".
My DIL thought I was joking when I suggested this to her;' was amazed
to find a choice of local "men with vans" and what a useful and
economical service they provide :-)

Janet