GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unused garlic bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206551-unused-garlic-bulbs.html)

Broadback[_3_] 11-03-2013 10:24 AM

Unused garlic bulbs

Can garlic bought for planting be used in the kitchen? Or are they
treated in such a way as to make then unsatisfactory for cooking?

mogga 11-03-2013 04:10 PM

Unused garlic bulbs

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:24:19 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

Can garlic bought for planting be used in the kitchen? Or are they
treated in such a way as to make then unsatisfactory for cooking?

Don't know but I gave a bulb away rather than cook with it as I have
lots left from last year that I grew!
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

echinosum 12-03-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broadback[_3_] (Post 979226)
Can garlic bought for planting be used in the kitchen? Or are they
treated in such a way as to make then unsatisfactory for cooking?

My guess would be not, but I don't know for sure. Given they are special ones for growing, and they don't store well over summer, if I were you I'd just put them in the ground, and leave them in for 2 growing seasons if necessary.