GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Storm damage in CIs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206601-storm-damage-cis.html)

Sacha[_10_] 18-03-2013 10:06 AM

Storm damage in CIs

Talked to my brother in Guernsey last night. They returned from holiday
to find that 90mph winds had taken down two huge old leylandii which
sheltered my mother's house from being overlooked by a hotel below her
house but in the same lane. He says one has also hit a Magnolia tree,
though he has hopes that can be salvaged. But the leylandii have trunks
4' around and are going to take some shifting, having been in place for
about 40 years, if not more! The weather in the CIs is said to have
been the worst in living memory.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com