GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seed sowing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206635-seed-sowing.html)

David Hill 23-03-2013 02:03 PM

Seed sowing

Making a cup of tea just now I got to wondering if the dispensers used
for sweeteners would work with seeds.
Has anyone tried?

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 23-03-2013 03:19 PM

Seed sowing

In article ,
says...

Making a cup of tea just now I got to wondering if the dispensers used
for sweeteners would work with seeds.
Has anyone tried?

You will probably have "the wrong type of seed!"

In reality, although I've never look at those things,
I suspect they rely on uniform specific sized "seed"

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Baz[_3_] 23-03-2013 03:29 PM

Seed sowing

David Hill wrote in news:ar5r16FbfvoU1
@mid.individual.net:

Making a cup of tea just now I got to wondering if the dispensers used
for sweeteners would work with seeds.
Has anyone tried?

Yes they work good for globe shaped seeds such as brassicas, onion and the
like. Drops the smaller seeds in trio so if the seed is expensive, and
fewer of them, it can be a waste. Yes I know that the sweetener is disk
shaped, but apart from parsnip(which is too big to pass through) I don't
know of another.

Carrot seeds are ok, but drops too many at once and gets clogged up often.
A shake of the thing unclogs it.

All in all when you get used to it, it works good, depending on what you
got dispenser type wise.

Give it a go, Dave.

Baz

Bill Grey 24-03-2013 09:12 PM

Seed sowing

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Making a cup of tea just now I got to wondering if the dispensers used
for sweeteners would work with seeds.
Has anyone tried?

You will probably have "the wrong type of seed!"

In reality, although I've never look at those things,
I suspect they rely on uniform specific sized "seed"

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

They might work but I have to say I do get some crushed sweeteners from time
to time!

Bill