Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Beechgrove Reminder

On 06/04/2013 12:07, Spider wrote:
Indeed, that is an excellent idea! Alas, it is probably called
Gardeners' World.

It was called "the Geoff Hamilton show"

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 12:38, Martin wrote:
Beechgrove was a celeb free programme for pragmatic gardeners.

Inndeed sir and give that man a coconut

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-04-2013, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 13:00, Spider wrote:
but I still think that Toby Buckland, *left to his own devices*, could
have filled that gap that St. Geoff vacated.

I agree, but of course the powers that be just had to make it 'appeal'
to people who don't like gardening.

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 06-04-2013, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 17:25, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 06/04/2013 12:07, Spider wrote:
Indeed, that is an excellent idea! Alas, it is probably called
Gardeners' World.

It was called "the Geoff Hamilton show"

:~)). What a happy thought.

The Beeb could do worse than repeat his programmes. I would watch them
again, and I don't think I'd be alone.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 06-04-2013, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 18:49:01 +0100, Spider wrote:

The Beeb could do worse than repeat his programmes. I would watch them
again, and I don't think I'd be alone.

I have the "Geoff Hamilton Collection" on DVD, comprising the three
"standalone" series he did - Ornamental Kitchen Garden, Cottage
Gardens and Paradise Gardens (completed posthumously). I watch them
fairly frequently.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 19:19, The Original Jake wrote:
On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 18:49:01 +0100, wrote:

The Beeb could do worse than repeat his programmes. I would watch them
again, and I don't think I'd be alone.

I have the "Geoff Hamilton Collection" on DVD, comprising the three
"standalone" series he did - Ornamental Kitchen Garden, Cottage
Gardens and Paradise Gardens (completed posthumously). I watch them
fairly frequently.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!

Alas, I only have Paradise Gardens, but wish I had more. I shall have
to look out for them. You're very lucky to have the full compliment.
Perhaps you should loan them to the BBC? They've obviously forgotten who
valuable they are and, after all, repeats are all the rage these days.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 22:28, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 06 Apr 2013 22:18:39 +0100, wrote:

[...]

£10.25 from
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geoff-Hamilt...ton+Collection

Oh, bless you for that, Martin! I shall have to drop a hint ... I have
a birthday coming up. What excellent timing. Thank you.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 21:51, Martin wrote:

Inndeed sir and give that man a coconut

for a celeb to plant?

now don't 'shy' away from the truth (ha ha)

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 07-04-2013, 02:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2013 22:28, Martin wrote:
£10.25 from
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geoff-Hamilt...ton+Collection
--

99p on Ebay at the moment

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 09:00:52 +0100, The Original Jake
wrote:

If I don't mention it now, I'll forget.

Next week's national repeat is on SATURDAY at 9.30am. If it helps, I
noticed that the "record series" setting on my sat box didn't
recognise the programme as part of the series.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================

Old 07-04-2013, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/04/2013 09:00, The Original Jake wrote:
For those who can get BBC2 Scotland (Sky and FreeSat can; don't know
about Virgin as there are none round here to ask) Beechgrove starts
tonight at 7.30pm.

It will then be repeated on BBC2 nationally (including BBC2HD) on
Sunday at 9.30am.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the East end of Swansea Bay where it got
dark today an hour earlier than a week ago!

So what's all the fuss, a bunch of foreigners talking from the frozen
North of the UK.
The format was OK, but would be better if it was kept as a regional
Prog, and each region of the UK followed suit.
If the Beeb can manage regional news and weather then why not regional
Gardening, I suppose they will argue that making a Prog for the few
gardeners in Wales where the majority in the west of the country still
grow mainly Veg wouldn't be worth the cost.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 10:56:42 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

So what's all the fuss, a bunch of foreigners talking from the frozen
North of the UK.
The format was OK, but would be better if it was kept as a regional
Prog, and each region of the UK followed suit.
If the Beeb can manage regional news and weather then why not regional
Gardening, I suppose they will argue that making a Prog for the few
gardeners in Wales where the majority in the west of the country still
grow mainly Veg wouldn't be worth the cost.

You mean you never watched Clwb Garddio?

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Old 07-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

When I watch a re-run of old gardening programmes such as Geoff Hamilton's I find they have a certain 'quaint naivety', having watched Beechgrove this morning I found it has the same 'quaint naivety' which I enjoyed. Over all quite a good programme and providing the production team don't get delusions of grandeur it should stay that way.

It just lacks a Nigel or a Sylvie. :-) :-)
Old 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/04/2013 10:07, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 01:35:37 +0100, Janet
wrote:

On 06/04/2013 22:28, Martin wrote:
£10.25 from
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geoff-Hamilt...ton+Collection
--

99p on Ebay at the moment

Too late :-)

Much too late. I've only just read this. Nevermind. I can wait a month.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 07/04/2013 10:07, Martin wrote:
99p on Ebay at the moment

Too late:-)

well I've got a bid of !,50 on it at the moment

--
Janet T.
Amersham

Beechgrove Jake United Kingdom 2 31-08-2012 11:55 AM
Last Reminder - Beechgrove Garden Jake United Kingdom 0 29-03-2012 07:18 PM
Beechgrove Garden Jake United Kingdom 3 17-02-2012 07:05 PM
Beechgrove garden programme Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 2 07-09-2009 04:37 PM