GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Starting gardening (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206872-starting-gardening.html)

Sacha[_10_] 21-04-2013 10:05 AM

Starting gardening

before doing anything drastic, I found this by Alan Gould. It doesn't
say specifically that one should do nothing 'heavy' for a year but the
spirit is there, imo. http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/startingout.htm
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Pam Moore[_2_] 21-04-2013 04:35 PM

Starting gardening

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:05:09 +0100, Sacha wrote:

before doing anything drastic, I found this by Alan Gould. It doesn't
say specifically that one should do nothing 'heavy' for a year but the
spirit is there, imo. http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/startingout.htm

I may have missed somebody else's comment that on the Beechgrove
Garden which I've only just watched, they gave the advice for a new
garden "wait a year". Sacha's advice not to "do anything heavy" nmakes
sense. Iobviously one would need to mow lawns and suchlike.

Pam in Bristol

mogga 22-04-2013 02:48 PM

Starting gardening

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:35:11 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Apr 2013 10:05:09 +0100, Sacha wrote:

before doing anything drastic, I found this by Alan Gould. It doesn't
say specifically that one should do nothing 'heavy' for a year but the
spirit is there, imo. http://www.u-r-g.co.uk/startingout.htm

I may have missed somebody else's comment that on the Beechgrove
Garden which I've only just watched, they gave the advice for a new
garden "wait a year". Sacha's advice not to "do anything heavy" nmakes
sense. Iobviously one would need to mow lawns and suchlike.

Pam in Bristol

Add nothing and take away only weeds you are confident of. Map the
seasons through the garden and see what delights unfurl their green
buds from dark soil.

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk