GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   catching up (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206911-catching-up.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 24-04-2013 09:43 PM

catching up

I have just had some fencing done. When he started on Tuesday last
week I showed him which plants he must not step on. There were plenty
of spaces where he could tread. Job now done and I was re-attaching
climbers to the new fence today. Nowhere to put my feet! It's amazing
how things have shot up in a week. Also I commented to a neighbour
that my big acer tree was not showing signs of leaf. Today it is
almost in leaf.

Pam in Bristol

Baz[_3_] 25-04-2013 01:52 PM

catching up

Pam Moore wrote in
:

I have just had some fencing done. When he started on Tuesday last
week I showed him which plants he must not step on. There were plenty
of spaces where he could tread. Job now done and I was re-attaching
climbers to the new fence today. Nowhere to put my feet! It's amazing
how things have shot up in a week. Also I commented to a neighbour
that my big acer tree was not showing signs of leaf. Today it is
almost in leaf.

Pam in Bristol

Yes, plants and seeds are popping up everywhere now things have warmed up a
bit. So are the dreaded weeds as usual, despite covering with old carpet
during autumn and winter.
A week is a long time in gardening isn't it! From nothing to everything.

Best of luck.
Baz

news 25-04-2013 03:22 PM

catching up

In article , Baz
writes
So are the dreaded weeds as usual, despite covering with old carpet
during autumn and winter

I suspect covering them in autumn winter is not likely to have much of
an effect...

--
regards andyw

Baz[_3_] 25-04-2013 05:00 PM

catching up

news wrote in
:

In article , Baz
writes
So are the dreaded weeds as usual, despite covering with old carpet
during autumn and winter

I suspect covering them in autumn winter is not likely to have much of
an effect...

Well, you suspect wrongly. We are talking weeds, not weed seeds.

Baz