GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vine Weevil? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206912-vine-weevil.html)

Mitulove 25-04-2013 11:14 AM

Vine Weevil?

I found this on the second floor making its way toward my bedroom! :o

My assumption is that it's vine weevil, but I thought maybe the markings were a bit too subtle and un-shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/RrrTYU7.jpg

Thank you!

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 25-04-2013 07:08 PM

Vine Weevil?

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:14:35 +0200, Mitulove
wrote:

I found this on the second floor making its way toward my bedroom! :o

My assumption is that it's vine weevil, but I thought maybe the markings
were a bit too subtle and un-shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/RrrTYU7.jpg

Thank you!

Looks like it. VW isn't particularly shiny, see
http://tinyurl.com/bq9ma2v for images. The do make a satisfying crunch
when trod on!

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

I agree definitely a Vine weevil which species I couldn't say (they are all
as bad as each other anyway!) managed to get rid of them here, haven't seen
one for around 6years now

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Pam Moore[_2_] 25-04-2013 10:33 PM

Vine Weevil?

wrote:

I found this on the second floor making its way toward my bedroom! :o

My assumption is that it's vine weevil, but I thought maybe the markings
were a bit too subtle and un-shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/RrrTYU7.jpg

Thank you!

Sadly yes! I once found one half way up my stairs (carpeted). It did
n't say where it thought it was going. It didn't live long after that!

Pam in Bristol

No Name 27-04-2013 12:13 AM

Vine Weevil?

Pam Moore wrote:
My assumption is that it's vine weevil, but I thought maybe the markings
were a bit too subtle and un-shiny.

http://i.imgur.com/RrrTYU7.jpg

Sadly yes! I once found one half way up my stairs (carpeted). It did
n't say where it thought it was going. It didn't live long after that!

None so far (touch wood!) this year, but they normally appear on the wall
behind the tv. I have no idea what they think they're finding to nibble
up there.