GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strange light (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206930-strange-light.html)

David Hill 26-04-2013 09:46 AM

Strange light

A strange brightness has come over the land after 3 days of fog and
mist, some say it's something called sunshine, but I doubt it will last,
as there is a lot of cloud around, and the forecast is for it to get
colder.
We have only got to the mid 50's f here the last few days so I wonder if
that means back to frost.
David @ the cool and murky end of Swansea Bay

Bill Grey 26-04-2013 11:51 AM

Strange light

"David Hill" wrote in message
A strange brightness has come over the land after 3 days of fog and mist,
some say it's something called sunshine, but I doubt it will last, as there
is a lot of cloud around, and the forecast is for it to get colder.
We have only got to the mid 50's f here the last few days so I wonder if
that means back to frost.
David @ the cool and murky end of Swansea Bay

Glais is affected by this strange light this morning (Friday 26-4-13) I
could get used to this phenomenonenon.:-)

Bill

Bill Grey 26-04-2013 12:03 PM

Strange light

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
A strange brightness has come over the land after 3 days of fog and mist,
some say it's something called sunshine, but I doubt it will last, as
there is a lot of cloud around, and the forecast is for it to get colder.
We have only got to the mid 50's f here the last few days so I wonder if
that means back to frost.
David @ the cool and murky end of Swansea Bay

Glais is affected by this strange light this morning (Friday 26-4-13) I
could get used to this phenomenonenon.:-)

Bill

Damn! It's raining now !!!!!!

Bill

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 26-04-2013 01:24 PM

Strange light

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:03:50 +0100, Bill Grey wrote:

Glais is affected by this strange light this morning (Friday 26-4-13)
I could get used to this phenomenonenon.:-)

Damn! It's raining now !!!!!!

Just been snowing quite heavily up here, Settled a bit but mostly gone
now. Sunshine is back and last night wondered what was causing shadow of
window frame on closed curtains, full moon...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Pam Moore[_2_] 26-04-2013 03:55 PM

Strange light

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:46:32 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

A strange brightness has come over the land after 3 days of fog and
mist, some say it's something called sunshine, but I doubt it will last,
as there is a lot of cloud around, and the forecast is for it to get
colder.
We have only got to the mid 50's f here the last few days so I wonder if
that means back to frost.
David @ the cool and murky end of Swansea Bay

Don't know about you, but nice as the sunshine is, my garden could do
with some rain!
However, just under a year ago we were worrying about hosepipe bans
and then it rained for a dozen years, it seemed.

Pam in Bristol

Heather61 26-04-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Liquorice[_2_] (Post 981839)
On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:03:50 +0100, Bill Grey wrote:

Glais is affected by this strange light this morning (Friday 26-4-13)
I could get used to this phenomenonenon.:-)

Damn! It's raining now !!!!!!

Just been snowing quite heavily up here, Settled a bit but mostly gone
now. Sunshine is back and last night wondered what was causing shadow of
window frame on closed curtains, full moon...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Had some rain last night but, other than that, the brightness is here too. :)

Jake 26-04-2013 07:03 PM

Strange light

wrote:

A strange brightness has come over the land after 3 days of fog and
mist, some say it's something called sunshine, but I doubt it will last,
as there is a lot of cloud around, and the forecast is for it to get
colder.
We have only got to the mid 50's f here the last few days so I wonder if
that means back to frost.
David @ the cool and murky end of Swansea Bay

Don't know about you, but nice as the sunshine is, my garden could do
with some rain!
However, just under a year ago we were worrying about hosepipe bans
and then it rained for a dozen years, it seemed.

Pam in Bristol

We just had hail for about 5 minutes.

--
Cheers, Jake
=======================================

Sacha[_10_] 26-04-2013 08:07 PM

Strange light

wrote:

A strange brightness has come over the land after 3 days of fog and
mist, some say it's something called sunshine, but I doubt it will last,
as there is a lot of cloud around, and the forecast is for it to get
colder.
We have only got to the mid 50's f here the last few days so I wonder if
that means back to frost.
David @ the cool and murky end of Swansea Bay

Don't know about you, but nice as the sunshine is, my garden could do
with some rain!
However, just under a year ago we were worrying about hosepipe bans
and then it rained for a dozen years, it seemed.

Pam in Bristol

Sun all day, greenhouses, new planting and containers being watered!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 26-04-2013 09:41 PM

Strange light

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:03:50 +0100, Jake wrote:

We just had hail for about 5 minutes.

Just above the snow line, more snow around 1645. Everything above us is
now covered in pure white. The daffs have stalled their opening...

--
Cheers
Dave.

kay 26-04-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha[_10_] (Post 981859)
Sun all day, greenhouses, new planting and containers being watered!
-

Dry stone walling on Ingleborough today. Sun with occasional hail showers in the morning; hail morphing into full scale blizzard in the afternoon - it was foul!

Sacha[_10_] 27-04-2013 03:12 PM

Strange light

On 2013-04-26 22:19:51 +0100, kay said:

'Sacha[_10_ Wrote:
;981859']
Sun all day, greenhouses, new planting and containers being watered!
-

Dry stone walling on Ingleborough today. Sun with occasional hail
showers in the morning; hail morphing into full scale blizzard in the
afternoon - it was foul!

Yuk! Sounds it. That's really hard work especially in vile weather.
More sun here today but fluffy clouds are increasing and the wind is in
the SW, so we won't be surprised to get rain. That said, it seems a
long time since we had any significant amount and the sun has certainly
brought out the crowds.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com