GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206951-plant-id-please.html)

'Mike'[_4_] 27-04-2013 04:16 PM

Plant ID please

Forgotten what this is and cannot find it in RHS

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-673D7...-of-Other.html

Jeff Layman[_2_] 27-04-2013 07:39 PM

Plant ID please

On 27/04/2013 16:16, 'Mike' wrote:
Forgotten what this is and cannot find it in RHS

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-673D7...-of-Other.html

A Delosperma?

--

Jeff

David Hill 27-04-2013 09:08 PM

Plant ID please

On 27/04/2013 20:46, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 19:39:32 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 27/04/2013 16:16, 'Mike' wrote:
Forgotten what this is and cannot find it in RHS

http://www.myalbum.co.uk/Album-673D7...-of-Other.html

A Delosperma?

Quite possibly. The trouble is, there are hundreds of
mesembryanthemacae that it could also be, 163 Delosperma species, for
example, let alone possible hybrids. Lampranthus is another
possibility (but there are 227 species of them), or Drosanthemum (only
120 species of them). Perhaps it would be safer just to call it a
mesembryanthemum, without being more specific. Must be in a sheltered
spot if it's in the UK. Not many survive outside even down here in
West Cornwall except on the cliffs, where Hottentot Fig (Carprobotus
edulis) and another type, possibly Ruschia radicans (but it could be
any of dozens of others) proliferate, although even they have been
badly damaged by frosts in recent years.

I had one like that for several years till the winter of 2011/12
finished it off, it was under cold glass, which I didn't expect to get
"That" cold".
I knew it as "That plant I picked up in Malta".

'Mike'[_4_] 28-04-2013 10:11 AM

Plant ID please

wrote:

On 27/04/2013 16:16, 'Mike' wrote:
[...]

.................................................. ....

Many thanks everybody who have replied here and by email (Ken and Penny your
email address bounced, but you were correct) it is Lampranthus

'The Gardener' forgot.

Mike

Benlannoy 28-04-2013 02:50 PM

This one is but trucky for me David but I do free plant IDs for UK plants every week so if it helps you can find them here
Ben Lannoy Landscapes ? Video Diary

Ben

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hill (Post 981929)
lid wrote:

On 27/04/2013 16:16, 'Mike' wrote:
Forgotten what this is and cannot find it in RHS

Photo Album, Share Your Photos Online for Free at MyAlbum!