Old 29-04-2013, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomato plants showing blossom

Have one or two microscopic buds showing.
Anybody else?

Baz
Old 29-04-2013, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/04/2013 15:00, Baz wrote:
Have one or two microscopic buds showing.
Anybody else?

Baz

As we used to say when the flower buds like like a heifers udder
Old 30-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
Have one or two microscopic buds showing.
Anybody else?

Baz
I have Gardeners Delight with 1 truss of flowers open and another truss about to open and Goumet with 1 truss per plant yet to open.

The revolting March and first 2 weeks of April have put the plants back 2 weeks from past years. They are in a heated GH at 55 degrees in Cheshire. The rest of the garden looks very good but again, I recon 2 weeks later than normal.

Bigolob.
Old 30-04-2013, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bigolob wrote in news:Bigolob.bf52ac6
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

'Baz[_3_ Wrote:
;982017']Have one or two microscopic buds showing.
Anybody else?

Baz

I have Gardeners Delight with 1 truss of flowers open and another truss
about to open and Goumet with 1 truss per plant yet to open.

The revolting March and first 2 weeks of April have put the plants back
2 weeks from past years. They are in a heated GH at 55 degrees in
Cheshire. The rest of the garden looks very good but again, I recon 2
weeks later than normal.

Bigolob.

We are going to heat the greenhouse next year. Something else to learn how
to do. Any tips? We would be glad of them.
Ours are Gardeners Delight and Sweet Million. I have only previously grown
them outside, with fantastic crops. So, this unheated first year of
greenhouse growing is going to be an experience.

Thanks Bigolob.
Baz
Old 30-04-2013, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Baz wrote:
Have one or two microscopic buds showing.
Anybody else?

Not a chance. Only just got them into small pots. :-/
The courgette plants, though, they've all got loads of buds!

Old 30-04-2013, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-29 15:00:26 +0100, Baz said:

Have one or two microscopic buds showing.
Anybody else?

Baz

Ray says ours are showing a few buds. He put the seed in before
Christmas, on heated benches in a warm prop. house. His comment is
"I'm disgusted with them"!! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com