GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identification required please! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207048-identification-required-please.html)

SueBee38 06-05-2013 05:18 PM

Identification required please!

1 Attachment(s)
These little flowers have survived six months of our horrible winter. I'd love to know what they are - it's not primulas is it? Grateful for a name!

kay 06-05-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SueBee38 (Post 982602)
These little flowers have survived six months of our horrible winter. I'd love to know what they are - it's not primulas is it? Grateful for a name!

Yes, they're primulas (1), they're a hybrid primrose. May have a variety name, but I don't know it.

(1) primula covers a whole family of plants, including primrose, cowslip, oxlip, polyanthus, and a whole lot of other species which don't have common english names.

Sacha[_10_] 06-05-2013 10:28 PM

On 2013-05-06 17:18:48 +0100, SueBee38 said:

These little flowers have survived six months of our horrible winter.
I'd love to know what they are - it's not primulas is it? Grateful for a
name!

|Filename: primulas.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15547|

Yes, it's a Primula but I don't know which. There are many varieties.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com