GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Upside down runneer beans. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207114-upside-down-runneer-beans.html)

Bigal 12-05-2013 03:27 PM

Upside down runneer beans.

20% of my runner beans didn't germinate, 10% produced twins, most of the remainder decided to present their roots through the top of the pot and the leaves through the side. The pots were made out of newspaper...The beans are 'white lady'. I've not come across it before. For two years now, using paper pots, l have found that brassicas do not develop even after planting out. Others started in plastic pots present no problems. l started using a different newspaper last year and l am wondering if it was that.
Any one any ideas?