Old 15-05-2013, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Nasturtium Problem

I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???
Old 15-05-2013, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

Streaks meaning wiggly lines? They are prone to leaf mining caterpillars,
although it's early in the year for them I think.

Steve

Old 15-05-2013, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/05/2013 19:59, shazzbat wrote:
"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

Streaks meaning wiggly lines? They are prone to leaf mining caterpillars,
although it's early in the year for them I think.

Steve

Remember that there are Variegated nasturtiums
http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-g...n-a-container/
Old 15-05-2013, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

The variety 'Alaska' is variegated with cream/yellow streaks
in the leaves. Could it be this?

Phil

Old 16-05-2013, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:07:47 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 15/05/2013 19:59, shazzbat wrote:
"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

Streaks meaning wiggly lines? They are prone to leaf mining caterpillars,
although it's early in the year for them I think.

Steve

Remember that there are Variegated nasturtiums
http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-g...n-a-container/

Many thanks!!!!

My partner bought the seeds and gave me a handful to put in pots!!!

Old 16-05-2013, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:28:22 +0100, "Phil Gurr" wrote:

"Judith in England" wrote in message
.. .
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

The variety 'Alaska' is variegated with cream/yellow streaks
in the leaves. Could it be this?

Phil

Yes - spot on - who is a silly billy???

Is this nasturtium? Sam Gardening 3 26-10-2003 05:22 AM
Nasturtium??? Common name? Sam Gardening 6 24-10-2003 12:32 AM
Thompson&Morgan Nasturtium Cobra Plants Terryfilby United Kingdom 0 24-07-2003 11:02 AM
nasturtium Steve & Erin Gardening 5 08-07-2003 10:56 PM
Trollius Seeds and strange nasturtium Glenda Young United Kingdom 0 19-11-2002 08:03 PM